I can’t quite believe that I published my first post one year ago! Thanks for sticking around, new and old readers. I sadly haven’t had much time to read and write since I’ve started a full-time ESL teaching job a couple months ago (those pesky money-making things sure get in the way of my very important unpaid work!). But I do currently have a few things on the go: I am slowly but surely making my way through the second issue of Plenitude, Victoria’s new queer literary journal; I’ve also started Marion Douglas’s thick novel Dance Hall Road (still waiting for the lesbians to show up though). And, I received a review copy of Emilia Nielsen’s debut poetry collection, Surge Narrows, in the mail last week and am planning to read it soon. I have had a few reviews up on the lesbrary since I’ve been MIA from this blog: I highly recommend historical young adult novel Silhouette of a Sparrow by Molly Beth Griffin and food memoir Licking the Spoon by Candace Walsh. I liked, but didn’t love Jane Eagland’s Wildthorn. That’s all for now folks, but stay tuned for reviews soon!
- A Ferocious, Devastating YA Thriller: A Review of SADIE by Courtney Summers
- Sarcastic Sex Workers and Lesbian Frog Catchers in Emma Donoghue’s Historical Novel Frog Music
- “riot grrrl raised me, I’m rigorous af, and I breathe the fire of nookomis into everything I do”: A Review of nîtisânak by Lindsay Nixon
- Big News: No More Patreon
- My 2018 Year in Reading: Favourite Books of the Year, Most Memorable Character, Best Cover, and More!
- RT @LidiaYuknavitch: for the love of oceans, do not be jealous of the light falling on someone else (just talked someone else off the ledge… 1 day ago
- 4 of 5 stars to Tell Me How You Really Feel by Aminah Mae Safi goodreads.com/review/show/26… 1 day ago
- RT @LGBTQReads: Happy Pan Day of Visibility! lgbtqreads.com/2019/05/24/hap… https://t.co/qnx6bSwDkV 2 days ago
- RT @ACampOfficial: Our friends over at @BitchMedia are in the final stretch to raise $45,000 by May 31. Support fellow independent media by… 2 days ago
- RT @UzmaWrites: This week’s column is about Ramadan, kids, and the choice to fast. @Ann_Collette twitter.com/torontostar/st… 2 days ago