I can’t quite believe that I published my first post one year ago! Thanks for sticking around, new and old readers. I sadly haven’t had much time to read and write since I’ve started a full-time ESL teaching job a couple months ago (those pesky money-making things sure get in the way of my very important unpaid work!). But I do currently have a few things on the go: I am slowly but surely making my way through the second issue of Plenitude, Victoria’s new queer literary journal; I’ve also started Marion Douglas’s thick novel Dance Hall Road (still waiting for the lesbians to show up though). And, I received a review copy of Emilia Nielsen’s debut poetry collection, Surge Narrows, in the mail last week and am planning to read it soon. I have had a few reviews up on the lesbrary since I’ve been MIA from this blog: I highly recommend historical young adult novel Silhouette of a Sparrow by Molly Beth Griffin and food memoir Licking the Spoon by Candace Walsh. I liked, but didn’t love Jane Eagland’s Wildthorn. That’s all for now folks, but stay tuned for reviews soon!
- My 2018 Year in Reading: Favourite Books of the Year, Most Memorable Character, Best Cover, and More!
- The 10 Best Queer Books of 2018 (that I read, at least)
- Not as Scary As I Hoped, but Cute Lesbians?: A Review of THE DARK BENEATH THE ICE by Amelinda Bérubé
- Delicious Italian Food and a Lack of Cohesion: A Review of Monica Meneghetti’s WHAT THE MOUTH WANTS
- “My bindi tells me where I’m from / my bindi reminds me of my mom”: A Review of Vivek Shraya’s Gender-Diverse Picture Book THE BOY & THE BINDI
- RT @Arsenalpulp: Powerhouse performer, author, activist and teacher Leah Lakshmi Piepzna-Samarasinha will be in Vancouver on Friday, March… 7 hours ago
- @savageblackout @EverdeenMason I have never heard of these Planetfall books but I'm enjoying seeing the responses! 7 hours ago
- @FrugalishMD Aw thanks!! And sure, but how much are you gonna pay me? 😉 7 hours ago
- Marked as dnf: Semiosis by Sue Burke goodreads.com/review/show/26… 16 hours ago
- On page 241 of 384 of Flirting with Disaster, by Victoria Dahl: Shit just hit the fuckin... goodreads.com/user_status/sh… 1 day ago