I can’t quite believe that I published my first post one year ago! Thanks for sticking around, new and old readers. I sadly haven’t had much time to read and write since I’ve started a full-time ESL teaching job a couple months ago (those pesky money-making things sure get in the way of my very important unpaid work!). But I do currently have a few things on the go: I am slowly but surely making my way through the second issue of Plenitude, Victoria’s new queer literary journal; I’ve also started Marion Douglas’s thick novel Dance Hall Road (still waiting for the lesbians to show up though). And, I received a review copy of Emilia Nielsen’s debut poetry collection, Surge Narrows, in the mail last week and am planning to read it soon. I have had a few reviews up on the lesbrary since I’ve been MIA from this blog: I highly recommend historical young adult novel Silhouette of a Sparrow by Molly Beth Griffin and food memoir Licking the Spoon by Candace Walsh. I liked, but didn’t love Jane Eagland’s Wildthorn. That’s all for now folks, but stay tuned for reviews soon!
- March Patreon Update: Important News about the Number of Posts Per Month I’ll Be Doing
- Q&A with Karen Rivers, author of A POSSIBILITY OF WHALES
- Family, Whales, and Trans Kids in Middle Grade Novel A POSSIBILITY OF WHALES by Karen Rivers
- Queer Can Lit Newsflash: Lots of Queer and Trans Writers Will Be at Growing Room in Vancouver, Plus Exciting New Work to Read and Put On Your TBR
- Interview With A Queer Reader: Sam Talks SIMON VS. THE HOMO SAPIENS AGENDA, Feeling Less Alone While Reading Queer Books, and More!
- Omg, a self-identified 10 year old just commented on my blog asking for resources on lesbian history in Vancouver f… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 minutes ago
- RT @MatthewACherry: Do y’all understand how many lives this cover is going to change? How many little boys and girls (and adults) who are a… 1 hour ago
- March Patreon Update: Important News about the Number of Posts Per Month I’ll Be Doing caseythecanadianlesbrarian.com/2018/03/22/mar… https://t.co/XaOTOTbShp 1 hour ago
- RT @carmencitaloves: I was having a lot @LenaWaithe feelings this morning, luckily @autostraddle let me write about them. Forever on Team #… 4 hours ago
- RT @valkyriekween: This was the first queer lesbian book I ever read and it has forever changed my heart. Knowing the authors history and h… 10 hours ago