This is just a quick post to let all you folks out there in queer women’s literary land that there is a new lesbrarian in town, and she’s reviewing and talking about queer books (mostly lesbian/bi/queer women’s books, but occasionally GBQ men as well) in the form of a podcast, called Queer Books Please. Podcasts in general are new to me, but I’m glad I’ve tried out this new genre, for a few reasons: one, it’s a nice change for someone who reads as much as I do to give my eyes a rest and my ears some exercise; two, Mary reviews quite a wide variety of books, and does a thorough and excellent job of it. In fact, she deals with a much larger range of books than I do, so if you’re hankering to hear about some romance, mystery, fantasy, and science fiction, I definitely recommend checking out her stuff. I particularly enjoyed episode 18, where Mary discusses and possibly invents a new sub-genre called Pansexual-Mannerspunk. Her approach is quite casual, and she often focuses on how the book personally affected her; in a way, it’s like having a one-sided conversation with a friend who’s telling you about a book they recently read. If you want to know more about Mary, you should also check out this interview with her on the lesbrary (interviewed by Rie of Friend of Dorothy Wilde).
- A Ferocious, Devastating YA Thriller: A Review of SADIE by Courtney Summers
- Sarcastic Sex Workers and Lesbian Frog Catchers in Emma Donoghue’s Historical Novel Frog Music
- “riot grrrl raised me, I’m rigorous af, and I breathe the fire of nookomis into everything I do”: A Review of nîtisânak by Lindsay Nixon
- Big News: No More Patreon
- My 2018 Year in Reading: Favourite Books of the Year, Most Memorable Character, Best Cover, and More!
- Marked as to-read: Please Send Help by Gaby Dunn goodreads.com/review/show/29… 13 hours ago
- RT @mollypriddy: i love this website and the all the weirdos across the world who make it happen — before i wrote for it, i read it. i was… 15 hours ago
- RT @byleahjohnson: GIVE @AUTOSTRADDLE YOUR MONEY, PEOPLE. WE HAVE TO KEEP INDEPENDENT QUEER MEDIA ALIVE AND THIS IS A WAY TO DO THAT. I MEA… 15 hours ago
- RT @BethMaczko: “SUPPORT AUTOSTRADDLE, NUMBER NIIIIIIIIIIINE!!” you heard her. autostraddle.biz https://t.co/w146C5hjJZ 15 hours ago
- RT @meyrude: autostraddle is a vitally important site and community and is helping make sure TERFS know lesbianism isn’t theirs. if you can… 21 hours ago