This is just a quick post to let all you folks out there in queer women’s literary land that there is a new lesbrarian in town, and she’s reviewing and talking about queer books (mostly lesbian/bi/queer women’s books, but occasionally GBQ men as well) in the form of a podcast, called Queer Books Please. Podcasts in general are new to me, but I’m glad I’ve tried out this new genre, for a few reasons: one, it’s a nice change for someone who reads as much as I do to give my eyes a rest and my ears some exercise; two, Mary reviews quite a wide variety of books, and does a thorough and excellent job of it. In fact, she deals with a much larger range of books than I do, so if you’re hankering to hear about some romance, mystery, fantasy, and science fiction, I definitely recommend checking out her stuff. I particularly enjoyed episode 18, where Mary discusses and possibly invents a new sub-genre called Pansexual-Mannerspunk. Her approach is quite casual, and she often focuses on how the book personally affected her; in a way, it’s like having a one-sided conversation with a friend who’s telling you about a book they recently read. If you want to know more about Mary, you should also check out this interview with her on the lesbrary (interviewed by Rie of Friend of Dorothy Wilde).
- March Patreon Update: Important News about the Number of Posts Per Month I’ll Be Doing
- Q&A with Karen Rivers, author of A POSSIBILITY OF WHALES
- Family, Whales, and Trans Kids in Middle Grade Novel A POSSIBILITY OF WHALES by Karen Rivers
- Queer Can Lit Newsflash: Lots of Queer and Trans Writers Will Be at Growing Room in Vancouver, Plus Exciting New Work to Read and Put On Your TBR
- Interview With A Queer Reader: Sam Talks SIMON VS. THE HOMO SAPIENS AGENDA, Feeling Less Alone While Reading Queer Books, and More!
- Omg, a self-identified 10 year old just commented on my blog asking for resources on lesbian history in Vancouver f… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 20 minutes ago
- RT @MatthewACherry: Do y’all understand how many lives this cover is going to change? How many little boys and girls (and adults) who are a… 1 hour ago
- March Patreon Update: Important News about the Number of Posts Per Month I’ll Be Doing caseythecanadianlesbrarian.com/2018/03/22/mar… https://t.co/XaOTOTbShp 1 hour ago
- RT @carmencitaloves: I was having a lot @LenaWaithe feelings this morning, luckily @autostraddle let me write about them. Forever on Team #… 4 hours ago
- RT @valkyriekween: This was the first queer lesbian book I ever read and it has forever changed my heart. Knowing the authors history and h… 10 hours ago