This is just a quick post to let all you folks out there in queer women’s literary land that there is a new lesbrarian in town, and she’s reviewing and talking about queer books (mostly lesbian/bi/queer women’s books, but occasionally GBQ men as well) in the form of a podcast, called Queer Books Please. Podcasts in general are new to me, but I’m glad I’ve tried out this new genre, for a few reasons: one, it’s a nice change for someone who reads as much as I do to give my eyes a rest and my ears some exercise; two, Mary reviews quite a wide variety of books, and does a thorough and excellent job of it. In fact, she deals with a much larger range of books than I do, so if you’re hankering to hear about some romance, mystery, fantasy, and science fiction, I definitely recommend checking out her stuff. I particularly enjoyed episode 18, where Mary discusses and possibly invents a new sub-genre called Pansexual-Mannerspunk. Her approach is quite casual, and she often focuses on how the book personally affected her; in a way, it’s like having a one-sided conversation with a friend who’s telling you about a book they recently read. If you want to know more about Mary, you should also check out this interview with her on the lesbrary (interviewed by Rie of Friend of Dorothy Wilde).
- Interview With A Queer Reader: Sophia Talks Ace Representation, Jeanette Winterson, Queer YA, and more!
- March Queer Can Lit Newsflash: Events Featuring Casey Plett, Amber Dawn, &Joshua Whitehead, Queer BC Book Prize Nominees, and More!
- Some Personal Favourites and Canadian Finalists for the 2018 Lambda Literary Awards
- March Patreon Update: Important News about the Number of Posts Per Month I’ll Be Doing
- Q&A with Karen Rivers, author of A POSSIBILITY OF WHALES
- RT @Nalo_Hopkinson: LIVE! in Los Angeles: LeVar Burton reads "Money Tree" by Nalo Hopkinson. Listen online: art19.com/shows/levar-bu… 1 hour ago
- RT @RMNarrative: The announcement for a new monthly literary prize for QT2S/BIPOC writers in Canada (sparked by the #racismincanlit convers… 2 hours ago
- I read The Beautiful Ones by Silvia Moreno-Garcia goodreads.com/review/show/23… 3 hours ago
- Was just texting with a friend about #JaneTheVirgin and I asked her if she thought Rafael or Adam was hotter. Her a… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- So exciting!! twitter.com/Nalo_Hopkinson… 9 hours ago