- A Romance about Love and Grief: A Review of the Graphic Novel FORWARD by Lisa Maas
- “I love them dancing, dancing”: A Review of the Poetry Collection ALL VIOLET by Rani Rivera
- May Update: Don’t Forget You Can Win Queer Books from Me Each Month!
- Interview With A Queer Reader: Sophia Talks Ace Representation, Jeanette Winterson, Queer YA, and more!
- March Queer Can Lit Newsflash: Events Featuring Casey Plett, Amber Dawn, &Joshua Whitehead, Queer BC Book Prize Nominees, and More!
- On page 160 of 384 of Forbidden, by Beverly Jenkins goodreads.com/user_status/sh… 4 hours ago
- On page 136 of 384 of Forbidden, by Beverly Jenkins: Fascinating historical details so f... goodreads.com/user_status/sh… 5 hours ago
- RT @mobrienbooks: Pride is so soon! Reminders: •Ace and aro people are queer and welcome at Pride •Bi and pan people are queer regardless o… 10 hours ago
- Can we make shirts that proudly proclaim "unsophisticated consumer," aka reader of romance novels? twitter.com/courtneymilan/… 10 hours ago
- Marked as to-read: One True Way by Shannon Hitchcock goodreads.com/review/show/24… 12 hours ago
Author Archives: CaseytheCanadianLesbrarian
Forward, the first graphic novel by Lisa Maas, is a great reminder of the great work that can be made when authors and artists represent what they know intimately. Set in Victoria, it’s a story about two women both trying … Continue reading
As I was just saying to a group of fellow librarians at our little poetry club, I often feel like my feelings for poetry are one of two extremes: 1) this is awful, why am I reading this, I understand … Continue reading
Yes, did you know that if you’re a patron who gives at the $3 level or more on Patreon you get one entry per month in a draw to win a queer book? It is very fun and exciting to … Continue reading
Interview With A Queer Reader: Sophia Talks Ace Representation, Jeanette Winterson, Queer YA, and more!
April’s queer reader is Sophia, a 21-year-old English Literature undergraduate with “a bit of a major love for YA fiction – contentious in [their] degree programme, frustratingly.” They are looking forward to writing their dissertation about Harry Potter both to … Continue reading
March Queer Can Lit Newsflash: Events Featuring Casey Plett, Amber Dawn, &Joshua Whitehead, Queer BC Book Prize Nominees, and More!
There are a lot of exciting things happening in the queer can lit world! Let’s get to them: Did you know Casey Plett has a new novel called Little Fish coming out? If you’ve been reading my blog, then yes … Continue reading
Can you believe I’m only writing about the announcement of Lambda Literary Award finalists now? It happened like 2 weeks ago! Well, better later than never. Here are some highlights, of personal favourites and also Canadian finalists: Fiction Finalists In … Continue reading
Happy March (even though it’s almost over)! You may have noticed the dismal amount of posts the last month or so (or maybe you haven’t, I don’t know how much people are actually paying attention!). I’ve been working as a … Continue reading