- Big News: No More Patreon
- My 2018 Year in Reading: Favourite Books of the Year, Most Memorable Character, Best Cover, and More!
- The 10 Best Queer Books of 2018 (that I read, at least)
- Not as Scary As I Hoped, but Cute Lesbians?: A Review of THE DARK BENEATH THE ICE by Amelinda Bérubé
- Delicious Italian Food and a Lack of Cohesion: A Review of Monica Meneghetti’s WHAT THE MOUTH WANTS
- RT @gutsmagazine: Major congrats to @AmberDawnWrites, whose sophomore novel “Sodom Road Exit” has been nominated for a BC Book Prize! 🎉 Fr… 10 hours ago
- RT @cameronesposito: ok fine i shall create Hogsmeade’s gayborhood if no one else will - the pubs are called Drag On & Broomstix - folks… 1 day ago
- 4 of 5 stars to Stray City by Chelsey Johnson goodreads.com/review/show/22… 2 days ago
- RT @vivekshraya: SHE’S HOME! 😭💙🔪✉️ Pub date: May 7. Pre-order: vivekshraya.com/store/ #deaththreatcomic https://t.co/9OpxrAogs7 2 days ago
- Marked as to-read: Dreaming of You by Lisa Kleypas goodreads.com/review/show/27… 2 days ago
Category Archives: Amber Dawn
The Small Town Lesbian Survivor Ghost Story of Your Dreams: A Review of Amber Dawn’s SODOM ROAD EXIT
If you haven’t already read this book and looking at this review you’re thinking TLDR, just know this: Amber Dawn’s latest novel Sodom Exit Road is a brilliant blend of family drama, a queer homecoming, and a good old fashioned … Continue reading
March Queer Can Lit Newsflash: Events Featuring Casey Plett, Amber Dawn, &Joshua Whitehead, Queer BC Book Prize Nominees, and More!
There are a lot of exciting things happening in the queer can lit world! Let’s get to them: Did you know Casey Plett has a new novel called Little Fish coming out? If you’ve been reading my blog, then yes … Continue reading
Queer Can Lit Newsflash: Lots of Queer and Trans Writers Will Be at Growing Room in Vancouver, Plus Exciting New Work to Read and Put On Your TBR
Here are some rad things that have happened or will be happening in the queer Can Lit world recently: Did you know queer Vancouver based poet Leah Horlick has a new poem called “Wing (I Take It Back)” published online … Continue reading
Queer Can Lit Newsflash: Upcoming Queer Issue of Room Magazine, Fantasy by Trans Femmes, New Queer Indigenous Work, and More!
Welcome to this second installment of my new monthly-ish column news about stuff that’s happening in the Canadian and/or Indigenous LGBTQ2IA+ literary world. Have something you think I should cover next time? Send me an email: stepaniukcasey [at] gmail.com. Did … Continue reading
There’s nothing better than poetry for tough times. Here are three queer poetry collections to get you through. Bodymap by Leah Lakshmi Piepzna-Samarasinha This visceral, evocative collection is Leah Lakshmi Piepzna-Samarasinha’s writing at its finest. Lyrically these are an incredibly … Continue reading
“Never forget that you too can do this healing work”: A Review of THE REMEDY: QUEER AND TRANS VOICES ON HEALTH AND HEALTH CARE, Edited by Zena Sharman
I’ll be honest: I’ve never been particularly interested in health or health care, beyond wondering why my anxiety is so strongly triggered by anything related to visiting the doctor. So I was surprised by how much The Remedy: Queer and … Continue reading
If you haven’t been following the shitstorm that blew through the Can Lit community a few days ago, here’s a quick breakdown: Joseph Boyden, with the support of many, many other Canadian literary superstars, penned an “open letter” (even created … Continue reading