- Interview with a Queer Reader: Vigdis Talks Reading Boy-on-Boy Yaoi Manga as a Lesbian, Trying to Find Good Queer Books in Norway, and More!
- Looking Back at My 2017 Year of Reading: A Bookish Survey
- Interview with a Queer Reader: Lara Talks Getting Queer Books in Small Town Eastern Europe, FINGERSMITH by Sarah Waters, and More!
- Interview with a Queer Reader: Estlin McPhee Talks LOTS of Queer YA and more!
- Reading and Re-Reading FALL ON YOUR KNEES by Ann-Marie MacDonald
- 2 of 5 stars to Riptide Summer by Lisa Freeman goodreads.com/review/show/21… 39 minutes ago
- RT @hkpmcgregor: Delighted to announce #PublishingUnbound, an evening on the future of publishing in Canada! Featuring @jordoisdead, @Kater… 1 hour ago
- Interview with a Queer Reader: Vigdis Talks Reading Boy-on-Boy Yaoi Manga as a Lesbian, Trying to Find Good Queer B… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- @ReadingLindy Unfortunately I couldn't see! 17 hours ago
- RT @diannaeanderson: Wanna try something. This is for ladies who date men. RT this if you’ve ever blocked a number or ghosted on a guy bec… 18 hours ago
Category Archives: Anthology
This is a year-end reading survey I’ve been using for a couple years now that I stole from Danika at The Lesbrary in 2014. If you’re not following The Lesbrary, you’re missing out on a lot of rad queer women’s … Continue reading
Queer Can Lit Newsflash: Upcoming Queer Issue of Room Magazine, Fantasy by Trans Femmes, New Queer Indigenous Work, and More!
Welcome to this second installment of my new monthly-ish column news about stuff that’s happening in the Canadian and/or Indigenous LGBTQ2IA+ literary world. Have something you think I should cover next time? Send me an email: stepaniukcasey [at] gmail.com. Did … Continue reading
Aside from Kai Cheng Thom’s poetry collection, which I FUCKING LOVED, I haven’t read any of the upcoming and new queer Canadian books on this list yet. But I am looking forward to reading all of them. Check out these … Continue reading
“Never forget that you too can do this healing work”: A Review of THE REMEDY: QUEER AND TRANS VOICES ON HEALTH AND HEALTH CARE, Edited by Zena Sharman
I’ll be honest: I’ve never been particularly interested in health or health care, beyond wondering why my anxiety is so strongly triggered by anything related to visiting the doctor. So I was surprised by how much The Remedy: Queer and … Continue reading
In case you missed it, last week the finalists for the 29th Lambda Literary Awards for LGBTQ+ Literature were announced, and there were some pretty rad Canadians and/or Indigenous folks on the list! Here are the finalists that I’m most … Continue reading
“a lush firecracker in the dark”: A Review of Sovereign Erotics: A Collection of Two-Spirit Literature
Sovereign Erotics: A Collection of Two-Spirit Literature is certainly a unique anthology. As the editors Qwo-Li Driskill, Daniel Heath Justice, Deborah Miranda, and Lisa Tatonetti point out in the introduction, it’s only the second anthology of LGBTQ2 Native literature ever … Continue reading
Maybe it’s because I’m a crazy book lover, but to me there is no better present for any occasion than a book. So, if you’re buying someone—lover, girlfriend, long-term partner—something this Valentine’s Day, consider one of these excellent options: With … Continue reading