- My 2018 Year in Reading: Favourite Books of the Year, Most Memorable Character, Best Cover, and More!
- The 10 Best Queer Books of 2018 (that I read, at least)
- Not as Scary As I Hoped, but Cute Lesbians?: A Review of THE DARK BENEATH THE ICE by Amelinda Bérubé
- Delicious Italian Food and a Lack of Cohesion: A Review of Monica Meneghetti’s WHAT THE MOUTH WANTS
- “My bindi tells me where I’m from / my bindi reminds me of my mom”: A Review of Vivek Shraya’s Gender-Diverse Picture Book THE BOY & THE BINDI
- On page 55 of 358 of Shadow and Bone, by Leigh Bardugo goodreads.com/user_status/sh… 10 hours ago
- 3 of 5 stars to Saga, Vol. 8 by Brian K. Vaughan goodreads.com/review/show/26… 12 hours ago
- @brittashipsit @AvidReaderBlog Seriously that's like the highest praise for a librarian 😊 14 hours ago
- RT @Bina_ReadThis: Doggies, a mystery bookshop, Black woman detective and granny sidekick! Recommended📚💖👇 twitter.com/vmburns/status… 14 hours ago
- @brittashipsit @AvidReaderBlog Aw so happy to hear that! 😁 14 hours ago
Category Archives: Bisexual
My 2018 Year in Reading: Favourite Books of the Year, Most Memorable Character, Best Cover, and More!
I love looking back on what I read the past year, don’t you? This is a kind of survey that I’ve adapted a bit from where I originally found it on The Lesbrary in 2014. If you’re not following The … Continue reading
Some of these were published in 2018, some I just read in 2018! They span pretty much every genre and are all 5 stars, I-can’t-believe-how-much-I-loved-this-book kind of books. In Other Lands by Sarah Rees Brennan I predicted in my January … Continue reading
What the Mouth Wants by Monica Meneghetti is, unfortunately, one of those books that just wasn’t for me. But let me try to talk about it a bit, in a way that will hopefully tell you whether it might be … Continue reading
Make sure you read Casey Plett’s novel Little Fish. It will break you, and build you back up. Continue reading
If you aren’t already reading Vancouver-based cartoonist and designer Kathleen Jacques’s queer femme Band Vs. Band comics series, you are SERIOUSLY missing out. Let me help you rectify that situation. This review is of Band Vs. Band Comix, Volume 2; … Continue reading
As I was just saying to a group of fellow librarians at our little poetry club, I often feel like my feelings for poetry are one of two extremes: 1) this is awful, why am I reading this, I understand … Continue reading
Interview With A Queer Reader: Sophia Talks Ace Representation, Jeanette Winterson, Queer YA, and more!
April’s queer reader is Sophia, a 21-year-old English Literature undergraduate with “a bit of a major love for YA fiction – contentious in [their] degree programme, frustratingly.” They are looking forward to writing their dissertation about Harry Potter both to … Continue reading