- My 2018 Year in Reading: Favourite Books of the Year, Most Memorable Character, Best Cover, and More!
- The 10 Best Queer Books of 2018 (that I read, at least)
- Not as Scary As I Hoped, but Cute Lesbians?: A Review of THE DARK BENEATH THE ICE by Amelinda Bérubé
- Delicious Italian Food and a Lack of Cohesion: A Review of Monica Meneghetti’s WHAT THE MOUTH WANTS
- “My bindi tells me where I’m from / my bindi reminds me of my mom”: A Review of Vivek Shraya’s Gender-Diverse Picture Book THE BOY & THE BINDI
- On page 55 of 358 of Shadow and Bone, by Leigh Bardugo goodreads.com/user_status/sh… 11 hours ago
- 3 of 5 stars to Saga, Vol. 8 by Brian K. Vaughan goodreads.com/review/show/26… 13 hours ago
- @brittashipsit @AvidReaderBlog Seriously that's like the highest praise for a librarian 😊 15 hours ago
- RT @Bina_ReadThis: Doggies, a mystery bookshop, Black woman detective and granny sidekick! Recommended📚💖👇 twitter.com/vmburns/status… 15 hours ago
- @brittashipsit @AvidReaderBlog Aw so happy to hear that! 😁 15 hours ago
Category Archives: Bisexual
Can you believe I’m only writing about the announcement of Lambda Literary Award finalists now? It happened like 2 weeks ago! Well, better later than never. Here are some highlights, of personal favourites and also Canadian finalists: Fiction Finalists In … Continue reading
Interview With A Queer Reader: Sam Talks SIMON VS. THE HOMO SAPIENS AGENDA, Feeling Less Alone While Reading Queer Books, and More!
This month’s second queer reader is Sam, who writes LGBT+ stories under the name Anthony James. He’s bisexual (or maybe pansexual), transmasculine, and likely autistic too (although undiagnosed for now). Even if his writing isn’t focused on any of those … Continue reading
Happy Black History Month! Some of these are new, some of these are old, all of them are undoubtedly going to be awesome when I finally read them. They range from magical realism and science fiction to middle grade and … Continue reading
Interview With A Queer Reader: Paige Allen Talks AN UNKINDNESS OF GHOSTS, Queer Fan Fiction, and More!
Paige Allen is a a 24-year-old navigating corporate life in Greater Boston by day; by night, she is, in her own words, “a passionate fangirl and supporter of superheroes, comics, science fiction, fantasy, YA fiction and the Food Network.” In … Continue reading
I recently published a lengthy post reviewing my 2017 year in books, but I thought my top eight deserved a post all to themselves. Here are my absolute favourite books that I read last year (many published in 2017, but … Continue reading
Interview with a Queer Reader: Anna Talks NEVADA by Imogen Binnie, Looking for Light-Hearted Trans Books, Having a Wife Who’s a Librarian, and More!
Anna is a bisexual and gray-ace trans woman from Wisconsin, and is finally settling into these identities after years of questioning. Reading, especially LGBTQ2IA+ books, is a crucial part of this process for her. She loves being outdoors, especially going … Continue reading
Steam Clean by Toronto-based comic artist and writer Laura Ķeniņš is one of those tiny little gems of a book that takes you by complete surprise. The unadorned, colourful illustrations are deceptively simple. And for a small graphic novel that’s … Continue reading