- A Trans Novel to Break You, and Build You Back Up: A Review of Casey Plett’s LITTLE FISH
- Interview with a Queer Reader: Julie Rak Talks Women’s Bookstores, Gay Biker Books, Finding Your Own Queer History in Books, and More!
- “I believe in dangerous stories”: A Review of FIERCE FEMMES AND NOTORIOUS LIARS by Kai Cheng Thom
- Heck Yes, Queer Femme Romance!: A Review of Band Vs. Band, Volume 2 by Kathleen Jacques
- The Small Town Lesbian Survivor Ghost Story of Your Dreams: A Review of Amber Dawn’s SODOM ROAD EXIT
- RT @JenSookfongLee: Friends, I am beyond thrilled to see The Woo-Woo by @lindsaymwong on the Weston Prize shortlist. This book, which made… 12 hours ago
- "Out for a walk ... bitch" 12 hours ago
- Omg this is gonna be so great!!! One of my all-time favourite books! twitter.com/ColeSayers/sta… 13 hours ago
- RT @TereseMarieM: I can't say what it means to be recognized in Canada. I left under duress, and I've always felt like I failed or retreate… 15 hours ago
- 3 of 5 stars to Sunshine by Robin McKinley goodreads.com/review/show/25… 15 hours ago
Category Archives: Fantasy
Can you believe I’m only writing about the announcement of Lambda Literary Award finalists now? It happened like 2 weeks ago! Well, better later than never. Here are some highlights, of personal favourites and also Canadian finalists: Fiction Finalists In … Continue reading
Queer Can Lit Newsflash: New Arsenal Pulp Press Books, Queer Canadian Books on 2017 Best Books Lists, and More!
Is this December’s Queer Can Lit Newsflash or is it January’s?? Only time will tell! Here are some things that have been happening in Canadian LGBTQ2IA+ bookish world: Vancouver’s Arsenal Pulp Press has some new books coming out in 2018, … Continue reading
I recently published a lengthy post reviewing my 2017 year in books, but I thought my top eight deserved a post all to themselves. Here are my absolute favourite books that I read last year (many published in 2017, but … Continue reading
This is a year-end reading survey I’ve been using for a couple years now that I stole from Danika at The Lesbrary in 2014. If you’re not following The Lesbrary, you’re missing out on a lot of rad queer women’s … Continue reading
Interview with a Queer Reader: Lara Talks Getting Queer Books in Small Town Eastern Europe, FINGERSMITH by Sarah Waters, and More!
Meet Lara, who is a 22-year-old nonbinary lesbian from Europe! She is currently a computer engineering major who likes linguistics as a guilty pleasure; this means she doesn’t have a lot of free time on her hands! When Lara was … Continue reading
The title says it all; I do mean a queer Canadian book gift guide for everyone. For the cynical, ironic millennial in your life: Everything is Awful and You’re a Terrible Person by Daniel Zomparelli This collection of interconnected short … Continue reading
Queer Can Lit Newsflash: Upcoming Queer Issue of Room Magazine, Fantasy by Trans Femmes, New Queer Indigenous Work, and More!
Welcome to this second installment of my new monthly-ish column news about stuff that’s happening in the Canadian and/or Indigenous LGBTQ2IA+ literary world. Have something you think I should cover next time? Send me an email: stepaniukcasey [at] gmail.com. Did … Continue reading