- A Romance about Love and Grief: A Review of the Graphic Novel FORWARD by Lisa Maas
- “I love them dancing, dancing”: A Review of the Poetry Collection ALL VIOLET by Rani Rivera
- May Update: Don’t Forget You Can Win Queer Books from Me Each Month!
- Interview With A Queer Reader: Sophia Talks Ace Representation, Jeanette Winterson, Queer YA, and more!
- March Queer Can Lit Newsflash: Events Featuring Casey Plett, Amber Dawn, &Joshua Whitehead, Queer BC Book Prize Nominees, and More!
- On page 160 of 384 of Forbidden, by Beverly Jenkins goodreads.com/user_status/sh… 4 hours ago
- On page 136 of 384 of Forbidden, by Beverly Jenkins: Fascinating historical details so f... goodreads.com/user_status/sh… 6 hours ago
- RT @mobrienbooks: Pride is so soon! Reminders: •Ace and aro people are queer and welcome at Pride •Bi and pan people are queer regardless o… 10 hours ago
- Can we make shirts that proudly proclaim "unsophisticated consumer," aka reader of romance novels? twitter.com/courtneymilan/… 10 hours ago
- Marked as to-read: One True Way by Shannon Hitchcock goodreads.com/review/show/24… 12 hours ago
Category Archives: Fantasy
Can you believe I’m only writing about the announcement of Lambda Literary Award finalists now? It happened like 2 weeks ago! Well, better later than never. Here are some highlights, of personal favourites and also Canadian finalists: Fiction Finalists In … Continue reading
Queer Can Lit Newsflash: New Arsenal Pulp Press Books, Queer Canadian Books on 2017 Best Books Lists, and More!
Is this December’s Queer Can Lit Newsflash or is it January’s?? Only time will tell! Here are some things that have been happening in Canadian LGBTQ2IA+ bookish world: Vancouver’s Arsenal Pulp Press has some new books coming out in 2018, … Continue reading
I recently published a lengthy post reviewing my 2017 year in books, but I thought my top eight deserved a post all to themselves. Here are my absolute favourite books that I read last year (many published in 2017, but … Continue reading
This is a year-end reading survey I’ve been using for a couple years now that I stole from Danika at The Lesbrary in 2014. If you’re not following The Lesbrary, you’re missing out on a lot of rad queer women’s … Continue reading
Interview with a Queer Reader: Lara Talks Getting Queer Books in Small Town Eastern Europe, FINGERSMITH by Sarah Waters, and More!
Meet Lara, who is a 22-year-old nonbinary lesbian from Europe! She is currently a computer engineering major who likes linguistics as a guilty pleasure; this means she doesn’t have a lot of free time on her hands! When Lara was … Continue reading
The title says it all; I do mean a queer Canadian book gift guide for everyone. For the cynical, ironic millennial in your life: Everything is Awful and You’re a Terrible Person by Daniel Zomparelli This collection of interconnected short … Continue reading
Queer Can Lit Newsflash: Upcoming Queer Issue of Room Magazine, Fantasy by Trans Femmes, New Queer Indigenous Work, and More!
Welcome to this second installment of my new monthly-ish column news about stuff that’s happening in the Canadian and/or Indigenous LGBTQ2IA+ literary world. Have something you think I should cover next time? Send me an email: stepaniukcasey [at] gmail.com. Did … Continue reading