- Interview with a Queer Reader: Vigdis Talks Reading Boy-on-Boy Yaoi Manga as a Lesbian, Trying to Find Good Queer Books in Norway, and More!
- Looking Back at My 2017 Year of Reading: A Bookish Survey
- Interview with a Queer Reader: Estlin McPhee Talks LOTS of Queer YA and more!
- Reading and Re-Reading FALL ON YOUR KNEES by Ann-Marie MacDonald
- 2 of 5 stars to Riptide Summer by Lisa Freeman goodreads.com/review/show/21… 35 minutes ago
- RT @hkpmcgregor: Delighted to announce #PublishingUnbound, an evening on the future of publishing in Canada! Featuring @jordoisdead, @Kater… 1 hour ago
- Interview with a Queer Reader: Vigdis Talks Reading Boy-on-Boy Yaoi Manga as a Lesbian, Trying to Find Good Queer B… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- @ReadingLindy Unfortunately I couldn't see! 17 hours ago
- RT @diannaeanderson: Wanna try something. This is for ladies who date men. RT this if you’ve ever blocked a number or ghosted on a guy bec… 18 hours ago
Category Archives: Fantasy
This is a year-end reading survey I’ve been using for a couple years now that I stole from Danika at The Lesbrary in 2014. If you’re not following The Lesbrary, you’re missing out on a lot of rad queer women’s … Continue reading
Meet Lara, who is a 22-year-old nonbinary lesbian from Europe! She is currently a computer engineering major who likes linguistics as a guilty pleasure; this means she doesn’t have a lot of free time on her hands! When Lara was … Continue reading
The title says it all; I do mean a queer Canadian book gift guide for everyone. For the cynical, ironic millennial in your life: Everything is Awful and You’re a Terrible Person by Daniel Zomparelli This collection of interconnected short … Continue reading
Queer Can Lit Newsflash: Upcoming Queer Issue of Room Magazine, Fantasy by Trans Femmes, New Queer Indigenous Work, and More!
Welcome to this second installment of my new monthly-ish column news about stuff that’s happening in the Canadian and/or Indigenous LGBTQ2IA+ literary world. Have something you think I should cover next time? Send me an email: stepaniukcasey [at] gmail.com. Did … Continue reading
Vancouver writer and psychologist Lydia Kwa’s latest offering Oracle Bone is an epic and ambitious novel that’s a skillful blend of magical realism and historical fiction, with notes of epic fantasy and mythology as well, to create a book that, … Continue reading
What Else Can I Say Except I Loved It?: A Review of MEANWHILE ELSEWHERE: SCIENCE FICTION AND FANTASY FROM TRANSGENDER WRITERS
I honestly don’t even know how to begin this review because I loved Meanwhile Elsewhere: Science Fiction and Fantasy from Transgender Writers so damn much and I think I must accept that I will never be able to express in … Continue reading
Interview with a Queer Reader: Amanda Talks Octavia Butler’s Genius, Rereading Tamora Pierce, Alison Bechdel’s FUN HOME, and more!
Amanda is a 24-year-old genderqueer, Midwestern Hufflepuff. (Yeah, Hufflepuff solidarity!) Amanda is queer, nonmonogamous, and very feminist. She works at a nonprofit arthouse theater and film festival as the Director of Theater Operations. They also volunteer with the Harry Potter … Continue reading