- March Patreon Update: Important News about the Number of Posts Per Month I’ll Be Doing
- Q&A with Karen Rivers, author of A POSSIBILITY OF WHALES
- Family, Whales, and Trans Kids in Middle Grade Novel A POSSIBILITY OF WHALES by Karen Rivers
- Queer Can Lit Newsflash: Lots of Queer and Trans Writers Will Be at Growing Room in Vancouver, Plus Exciting New Work to Read and Put On Your TBR
- Interview With A Queer Reader: Sam Talks SIMON VS. THE HOMO SAPIENS AGENDA, Feeling Less Alone While Reading Queer Books, and More!
- Just had a quick look through the @LambdaLiterary award finalists. Counted 3 bi women authors with books about them… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- RT @underoosbellamy: So I'm gonna to a giveaway for Leah and the offbeat by @beckyalbertalli There will be two winners. One physical an… 2 hours ago
- Omg, a self-identified 10 year old just commented on my blog asking for resources on lesbian history in Vancouver f… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- RT @MatthewACherry: Do y’all understand how many lives this cover is going to change? How many little boys and girls (and adults) who are a… 3 hours ago
- March Patreon Update: Important News about the Number of Posts Per Month I’ll Be Doing caseythecanadianlesbrarian.com/2018/03/22/mar… https://t.co/XaOTOTbShp 4 hours ago
Category Archives: Fantasy
Queer Can Lit Newsflash: New Arsenal Pulp Press Books, Queer Canadian Books on 2017 Best Books Lists, and More!
Is this December’s Queer Can Lit Newsflash or is it January’s?? Only time will tell! Here are some things that have been happening in Canadian LGBTQ2IA+ bookish world: Vancouver’s Arsenal Pulp Press has some new books coming out in 2018, … Continue reading
I recently published a lengthy post reviewing my 2017 year in books, but I thought my top eight deserved a post all to themselves. Here are my absolute favourite books that I read last year (many published in 2017, but … Continue reading
This is a year-end reading survey I’ve been using for a couple years now that I stole from Danika at The Lesbrary in 2014. If you’re not following The Lesbrary, you’re missing out on a lot of rad queer women’s … Continue reading
Interview with a Queer Reader: Lara Talks Getting Queer Books in Small Town Eastern Europe, FINGERSMITH by Sarah Waters, and More!
Meet Lara, who is a 22-year-old nonbinary lesbian from Europe! She is currently a computer engineering major who likes linguistics as a guilty pleasure; this means she doesn’t have a lot of free time on her hands! When Lara was … Continue reading
The title says it all; I do mean a queer Canadian book gift guide for everyone. For the cynical, ironic millennial in your life: Everything is Awful and You’re a Terrible Person by Daniel Zomparelli This collection of interconnected short … Continue reading
Queer Can Lit Newsflash: Upcoming Queer Issue of Room Magazine, Fantasy by Trans Femmes, New Queer Indigenous Work, and More!
Welcome to this second installment of my new monthly-ish column news about stuff that’s happening in the Canadian and/or Indigenous LGBTQ2IA+ literary world. Have something you think I should cover next time? Send me an email: stepaniukcasey [at] gmail.com. Did … Continue reading
Vancouver writer and psychologist Lydia Kwa’s latest offering Oracle Bone is an epic and ambitious novel that’s a skillful blend of magical realism and historical fiction, with notes of epic fantasy and mythology as well, to create a book that, … Continue reading