- Longterm Lesbian Relationships, Fraught Friendships, Interrogation of Mainstream White Discourse on Queer Identity, and More!: A Review of Shani Mootoo’s Novel POLAR VORTEX
- Gorgeous, Fiery Words and Skillful, Clever Use of Poetic Devices Equal Only to Each Other: A Review of Jillian Christmas’s Poetry Collection THE GOSPEL OF BREAKING
- Interview with a Queer Reader: Leora Spitzer talks Queer Jewish Books, Queer Fanfiction, and Still Looking for a Book that is “Yours”
- For the Fans: A Review of HIGH SCHOOL by Sara Quin and Tegan Quin
- An Incredible Piece of Art and My Favourite Book of 2020 So Far: A Review of THE SUBTWEET by Vivek Shraya
- On page 23 of 187 of The Places That Scare You, by Pema Chödrön: I could blast through t... goodreads.com/user_status/sh… 13 hours ago
- 4 of 5 stars to Wow, No Thank You. by Samantha Irby goodreads.com/review/show/31… 14 hours ago
- @VictoriaDahl @AlyssaColeLit @courtneymilan @CatSWrites My pleasure! Thanks for writing. (: 15 hours ago
- 3 of 5 stars to Girl, Serpent, Thorn by Melissa Bashardoust goodreads.com/review/show/31… 1 day ago
- On page 209 of 336 of Girl, Serpent, Thorn, by Melissa Bashardoust goodreads.com/user_status/sh… 1 day ago
Category Archives: Fantasy
Interview with a Queer Reader: Lara Talks Getting Queer Books in Small Town Eastern Europe, FINGERSMITH by Sarah Waters, and More!
Meet Lara, who is a 22-year-old nonbinary lesbian from Europe! She is currently a computer engineering major who likes linguistics as a guilty pleasure; this means she doesn’t have a lot of free time on her hands! When Lara was … Continue reading
The title says it all; I do mean a queer Canadian book gift guide for everyone. For the cynical, ironic millennial in your life: Everything is Awful and You’re a Terrible Person by Daniel Zomparelli This collection of interconnected short … Continue reading
Queer Can Lit Newsflash: Upcoming Queer Issue of Room Magazine, Fantasy by Trans Femmes, New Queer Indigenous Work, and More!
Welcome to this second installment of my new monthly-ish column news about stuff that’s happening in the Canadian and/or Indigenous LGBTQ2IA+ literary world. Have something you think I should cover next time? Send me an email: stepaniukcasey [at] gmail.com. Did … Continue reading
Vancouver writer and psychologist Lydia Kwa’s latest offering Oracle Bone is an epic and ambitious novel that’s a skillful blend of magical realism and historical fiction, with notes of epic fantasy and mythology as well, to create a book that, … Continue reading
What Else Can I Say Except I Loved It?: A Review of MEANWHILE ELSEWHERE: SCIENCE FICTION AND FANTASY FROM TRANSGENDER WRITERS
I honestly don’t even know how to begin this review because I loved Meanwhile Elsewhere: Science Fiction and Fantasy from Transgender Writers so damn much and I think I must accept that I will never be able to express in … Continue reading
Interview with a Queer Reader: Amanda Talks Octavia Butler’s Genius, Rereading Tamora Pierce, Alison Bechdel’s FUN HOME, and more!
Amanda is a 24-year-old genderqueer, Midwestern Hufflepuff. (Yeah, Hufflepuff solidarity!) Amanda is queer, nonmonogamous, and very feminist. She works at a nonprofit arthouse theater and film festival as the Director of Theater Operations. They also volunteer with the Harry Potter … Continue reading
Have I mentioned lately how much I love short stories? I mean, I adore a good novel too, obviously, but novels get a lot of love, whereas short stories and the writers who are so talented at writing them get … Continue reading