- A Romance about Love and Grief: A Review of the Graphic Novel FORWARD by Lisa Maas
- “I love them dancing, dancing”: A Review of the Poetry Collection ALL VIOLET by Rani Rivera
- May Update: Don’t Forget You Can Win Queer Books from Me Each Month!
- Interview With A Queer Reader: Sophia Talks Ace Representation, Jeanette Winterson, Queer YA, and more!
- March Queer Can Lit Newsflash: Events Featuring Casey Plett, Amber Dawn, &Joshua Whitehead, Queer BC Book Prize Nominees, and More!
- RT @hkpmcgregor: This opinion piece by @WordsandGuitar on UBCAccountable and the outcome of the arbitration is SO GOOD and SO NECESSARY. It… 8 hours ago
- RT @jess_reads: Okay everyone, listen up: THE KISS QUOTIENT by Helen Hoang was adorable and sexy and thoughtful and I read it in one sittin… 8 hours ago
- RT @Arsenalpulp: Thanks @nowtoronto for including books by @AmberDawnWrites and @caseyplett in their list of queer reads for summer! https:… 8 hours ago
- RT @rachel_w: I’m about a third of the way through this book and I can already tell this is gonna be a problem twitter.com/canlesbrarian/… 1 day ago
- RT @bufferingcast: Happy Father’s Day to the best chosen family dad in all the land 😍 https://t.co/WH5suD1mwf 1 day ago
Category Archives: Farzana Doctor
Whether your jam is urban fantasy, food memoir, erotica, graphic coming-of-age, epic fantasy, romance, or contemporary queer realism, there’s a bisexual Canadian book on this list for you! She of the Mountains by Vivek Shraya “In the beginning, there is … Continue reading
These are some of my favourite books, and I bet they will become your favourites too once you read them. These books are all written by queer and/or trans Asian Canadian authors AND all feature queer and/or trans Asian Canadian … Continue reading
Did you know it was exactly five years ago that I started this blog? I can’t believe it, and probably wouldn’t have noticed except for a handy WordPress notification that popped up last week when I logged in and informed … Continue reading
Happy #BiVisibilityDay! Yeah, yeah, 2016 isn’t over yet but I’m pretty sure these books are still gonna be some of my favourites at the end of the year. These book are all either written by bi/pan authors and/or have bi/pan … Continue reading
“Unspoken, the questions were like childhood garments stored carefully for decades within a satin-lined trunk”: A Review of ALL INCLUSIVE by Farzana Doctor
Toronto-based, Lambda-award-winning novelist Farzana Doctor’s latest book All Inclusive is nothing short of extraordinary. As always with Doctor’s novels (this is her third), there’s her trademark sharp insight into the human psyche and this gentle, calming, empathetic lens as she … Continue reading
It’s that time of year again: lammy nominations! Oh, how I love and hate them. At best, I have complicated feelings about the Lambda Literary Awards. As Autostraddle writer Carolyn reported last year, in 2004 (!!!) a transphobic book made … Continue reading