- March Patreon Update: Important News about the Number of Posts Per Month I’ll Be Doing
- Q&A with Karen Rivers, author of A POSSIBILITY OF WHALES
- Family, Whales, and Trans Kids in Middle Grade Novel A POSSIBILITY OF WHALES by Karen Rivers
- Queer Can Lit Newsflash: Lots of Queer and Trans Writers Will Be at Growing Room in Vancouver, Plus Exciting New Work to Read and Put On Your TBR
- Interview With A Queer Reader: Sam Talks SIMON VS. THE HOMO SAPIENS AGENDA, Feeling Less Alone While Reading Queer Books, and More!
- Just had a quick look through the @LambdaLiterary award finalists. Counted 3 bi women authors with books about them… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- RT @underoosbellamy: So I'm gonna to a giveaway for Leah and the offbeat by @beckyalbertalli There will be two winners. One physical an… 2 hours ago
- Omg, a self-identified 10 year old just commented on my blog asking for resources on lesbian history in Vancouver f… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- RT @MatthewACherry: Do y’all understand how many lives this cover is going to change? How many little boys and girls (and adults) who are a… 3 hours ago
- March Patreon Update: Important News about the Number of Posts Per Month I’ll Be Doing caseythecanadianlesbrarian.com/2018/03/22/mar… https://t.co/XaOTOTbShp 4 hours ago
Category Archives: Indigenous
Here are some rad things that have happened or will be happening in the queer Can Lit world recently: Did you know queer Vancouver based poet Leah Horlick has a new poem called “Wing (I Take It Back)” published online … Continue reading
Don’t miss these collections! If you get them soon, you may even finish reading them before me—I’ve currently got All Violet and This Wound Is A World on my bedside table and just recently posted my review of Lyric Sexology … Continue reading
Queer Can Lit Newsflash: New Arsenal Pulp Press Books, Queer Canadian Books on 2017 Best Books Lists, and More!
Is this December’s Queer Can Lit Newsflash or is it January’s?? Only time will tell! Here are some things that have been happening in Canadian LGBTQ2IA+ bookish world: Vancouver’s Arsenal Pulp Press has some new books coming out in 2018, … Continue reading
I recently published a lengthy post reviewing my 2017 year in books, but I thought my top eight deserved a post all to themselves. Here are my absolute favourite books that I read last year (many published in 2017, but … Continue reading
Queer Can Lit Newsflash: Upcoming Queer Issue of Room Magazine, Fantasy by Trans Femmes, New Queer Indigenous Work, and More!
Welcome to this second installment of my new monthly-ish column news about stuff that’s happening in the Canadian and/or Indigenous LGBTQ2IA+ literary world. Have something you think I should cover next time? Send me an email: stepaniukcasey [at] gmail.com. Did … Continue reading
Whether your jam is urban fantasy, food memoir, erotica, graphic coming-of-age, epic fantasy, romance, or contemporary queer realism, there’s a bisexual Canadian book on this list for you! She of the Mountains by Vivek Shraya “In the beginning, there is … Continue reading
Read, Buy, and Promote Books by People of Color: Tips, Plus a List of 11 Favorite Books by Authors of Color
One of the things I’m committed to doing in the face of white supremacy is uplifting and supporting the voices of people of colour. This includes buying, reading, and promoting books by people of colour! Three years ago, I was … Continue reading