- Not as Scary As I Hoped, but Cute Lesbians?: A Review of THE DARK BENEATH THE ICE by Amelinda Bérubé
- Delicious Italian Food and a Lack of Cohesion: A Review of Monica Meneghetti’s WHAT THE MOUTH WANTS
- “My bindi tells me where I’m from / my bindi reminds me of my mom”: A Review of Vivek Shraya’s Gender-Diverse Picture Book THE BOY & THE BINDI
- A Dark and Humorous Look at the Life of a Lesbian Stay-at-Home Mom: A Review of Ann-Marie MacDonald’s ADULT ONSET
- Viscerally Real Queers, Dyke Processing, Kink, and Disability in Jane Eaton Hamilton’s novel WEEKEND
- 4 of 5 stars to Heartburn by Nora Ephron goodreads.com/review/show/25… 8 hours ago
- Marked as to-read: The Hanging Tree by Ben Aaronovitch goodreads.com/review/show/25… 14 hours ago
- If your childcare falls through at the last minute, your employer can't make you bring your kid to work right?? (Th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- @trippweavepoet Thanks for sharing! 1 day ago
- RT @trippweavepoet: Taking Root: A Review of Amber Dawn's Poetry Collection WHERE THE WORDS END AND MY BODY BEGINS caseythecanadianlesbrarian.com/2016/04/26/tak…… 1 day ago
Category Archives: Indigenous
“You’s napêw iskwewisehot, m’boy, Two-Spirit”: A Review of Joshua Whitehead’s Debut Novel JONNY APPLESEED
What a damn fine book Jonny Appleseed is. That’s my eight-word review. Here are some more words: When I finished reading this debut novel by Joshua Whitehead (an Oji-Cree/nehiyaw, Two-Spirit/Indigiqueer member of the Peguis First Nation [Treaty 1]), I remember … Continue reading
March Queer Can Lit Newsflash: Events Featuring Casey Plett, Amber Dawn, &Joshua Whitehead, Queer BC Book Prize Nominees, and More!
There are a lot of exciting things happening in the queer can lit world! Let’s get to them: Did you know Casey Plett has a new novel called Little Fish coming out? If you’ve been reading my blog, then yes … Continue reading
Queer Can Lit Newsflash: Lots of Queer and Trans Writers Will Be at Growing Room in Vancouver, Plus Exciting New Work to Read and Put On Your TBR
Here are some rad things that have happened or will be happening in the queer Can Lit world recently: Did you know queer Vancouver based poet Leah Horlick has a new poem called “Wing (I Take It Back)” published online … Continue reading
Don’t miss these collections! If you get them soon, you may even finish reading them before me—I’ve currently got All Violet and This Wound Is A World on my bedside table and just recently posted my review of Lyric Sexology … Continue reading
Queer Can Lit Newsflash: New Arsenal Pulp Press Books, Queer Canadian Books on 2017 Best Books Lists, and More!
Is this December’s Queer Can Lit Newsflash or is it January’s?? Only time will tell! Here are some things that have been happening in Canadian LGBTQ2IA+ bookish world: Vancouver’s Arsenal Pulp Press has some new books coming out in 2018, … Continue reading
I recently published a lengthy post reviewing my 2017 year in books, but I thought my top eight deserved a post all to themselves. Here are my absolute favourite books that I read last year (many published in 2017, but … Continue reading
Queer Can Lit Newsflash: Upcoming Queer Issue of Room Magazine, Fantasy by Trans Femmes, New Queer Indigenous Work, and More!
Welcome to this second installment of my new monthly-ish column news about stuff that’s happening in the Canadian and/or Indigenous LGBTQ2IA+ literary world. Have something you think I should cover next time? Send me an email: stepaniukcasey [at] gmail.com. Did … Continue reading