- My Favourite Reads from 2020
- Art, Lesbian Love, Palestine, Cairo, and Family in the Novel THE PHILISTINE by Leila Marshy
- Fluid Queer Identities and Food Justice in the Hi-Lo YA YOU’RE YOU by Mette Bach
- A Witty Dissertation on Love, Relationships, and Academia Itself: THEORY by Dionne Brand
- 12 (Mostly) Canadian Books about Racism, Anti-Blackness, and Anti-Racism, Plus Places to Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is
- "I will die on the hill that Ron is in love with Viktor Krum" #BisexualRon 1 day ago
- "Blast-ended screwts are queer culture" 😍 twitter.com/ohwitchplease/… 1 day ago
- RT @ohwitchplease: What happens when Marcelle asks Hannah to do an episode on gay whimsy? We get an episode on post-critique! Come for the… 1 day ago
- @highcountrynews @brittashipsit Looks like my library already subscribes. Thanks so much! (: 1 day ago
- Hey friends! Can anyone recommend cool under the radar feminist, antiracist, queer, Indigenous and/or literary PRIN… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
Category Archives: Interview with a Queer Reader
Interview with a Queer Reader: Leora Spitzer talks Queer Jewish Books, Queer Fanfiction, and Still Looking for a Book that is “Yours”
Guess what … interview with a queer reader is back! I owe today’s interviewee Leora a HUGE apology as her amazingly interesting and thoughtful responses to my queer reader questions have been sitting in my email inbox for literally years. … Continue reading
Interview with a Queer Reader: Julie Rak Talks Women’s Bookstores, Gay Biker Books, Finding Your Own Queer History in Books, and More!
Julie talks about finding a gay book about a priest and a biker in her high school library, finding out about her own queer history through books, what losing women’s bookstores has meant to her, and more! Continue reading
Interview With A Queer Reader: Sophia Talks Ace Representation, Jeanette Winterson, Queer YA, and more!
April’s queer reader is Sophia, a 21-year-old English Literature undergraduate with “a bit of a major love for YA fiction – contentious in [their] degree programme, frustratingly.” They are looking forward to writing their dissertation about Harry Potter both to … Continue reading
Interview With A Queer Reader: Sam Talks SIMON VS. THE HOMO SAPIENS AGENDA, Feeling Less Alone While Reading Queer Books, and More!
This month’s second queer reader is Sam, who writes LGBT+ stories under the name Anthony James. He’s bisexual (or maybe pansexual), transmasculine, and likely autistic too (although undiagnosed for now). Even if his writing isn’t focused on any of those … Continue reading
Interview With A Queer Reader: Paige Allen Talks AN UNKINDNESS OF GHOSTS, Queer Fan Fiction, and More!
Paige Allen is a a 24-year-old navigating corporate life in Greater Boston by day; by night, she is, in her own words, “a passionate fangirl and supporter of superheroes, comics, science fiction, fantasy, YA fiction and the Food Network.” In … Continue reading