- “I believe in dangerous stories”: A Review of FIERCE FEMMES AND NOTORIOUS LIARS by Kait Cheng Thom
- Heck Yes, Queer Femme Romance!: A Review of Band Vs. Band, Volume 2 by Kathleen Jacques
- The Small Town Lesbian Survivor Ghost Story of Your Dreams: A Review of Amber Dawn’s SODOM ROAD EXIT
- A Romance about Love and Grief: A Review of the Graphic Novel FORWARD by Lisa Maas
- “I love them dancing, dancing”: A Review of the Poetry Collection ALL VIOLET by Rani Rivera
- RT @RoanhorseBex: Ok, I thought I would be cool about it, but LeVar Burton is reading "Welcome to Your Authentic Indian Experience (TM)" on… 1 day ago
- RT @LibraryJunky: This is everything. twitter.com/everydaygirlda… 1 day ago
- RT @autostraddle: "I find myself preemptively mourning the transgenerational communities and cliques and cults and clubs and covens of girl… 1 day ago
- RT @LGBTQReads: Fave Five: LGBTQ Takes on Pride &@Prejudice lgbtqreads.com/2018/07/18/fav… https://t.co/mCHzMvgLSa 1 day ago
- !!! twitter.com/Nnedi/status/1… 1 day ago
Category Archives: Interview with a Queer Reader
Interview With A Queer Reader: Sophia Talks Ace Representation, Jeanette Winterson, Queer YA, and more!
April’s queer reader is Sophia, a 21-year-old English Literature undergraduate with “a bit of a major love for YA fiction – contentious in [their] degree programme, frustratingly.” They are looking forward to writing their dissertation about Harry Potter both to … Continue reading
Interview With A Queer Reader: Sam Talks SIMON VS. THE HOMO SAPIENS AGENDA, Feeling Less Alone While Reading Queer Books, and More!
This month’s second queer reader is Sam, who writes LGBT+ stories under the name Anthony James. He’s bisexual (or maybe pansexual), transmasculine, and likely autistic too (although undiagnosed for now). Even if his writing isn’t focused on any of those … Continue reading
Interview With A Queer Reader: Paige Allen Talks AN UNKINDNESS OF GHOSTS, Queer Fan Fiction, and More!
Paige Allen is a a 24-year-old navigating corporate life in Greater Boston by day; by night, she is, in her own words, “a passionate fangirl and supporter of superheroes, comics, science fiction, fantasy, YA fiction and the Food Network.” In … Continue reading
Interview with a Queer Reader: Vigdis Talks Reading Boy-on-Boy Yaoi Manga as a Lesbian, Trying to Find Good Queer Books in Norway, and More!
Meet Vigdis, a lesbian reader and writer from Norway! She gave me a really lovely and detailed answer to my “introduce yourself question,” which I thought I would reproduce here: Well, what can I say? Firstly, I didn’t ‘realize’ I … Continue reading
Interview with a Queer Reader: Lara Talks Getting Queer Books in Small Town Eastern Europe, FINGERSMITH by Sarah Waters, and More!
Meet Lara, who is a 22-year-old nonbinary lesbian from Europe! She is currently a computer engineering major who likes linguistics as a guilty pleasure; this means she doesn’t have a lot of free time on her hands! When Lara was … Continue reading
Estlin McPhee is a writer and collective organizer living on Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh land in Vancouver. They work with youth and live with cats. For five years, they co-organized REVERB, an anti-oppressive queer reading series. Estlin’s writing can be … Continue reading
Interview With a Queer Reader: Sanchari Sur Talks Queer South Asian Writing, Naked Heart Festival, and More!
Sanchari Sur is a PhD candidate in English at Wilfrid Laurier University. Her research focuses on South Asian Canadian Writers (women, to be specific), as well as representations of subaltern bodies in those written works, and how those bodies challenge … Continue reading