- Art, Lesbian Love, Palestine, Cairo, and Family in the Novel THE PHILISTINE by Leila Marshy
- Fluid Queer Identities and Food Justice in the Hi-Lo YA YOU’RE YOU by Mette Bach
- A Witty Dissertation on Love, Relationships, and Academia Itself: THEORY by Dionne Brand
- 12 (Mostly) Canadian Books about Racism, Anti-Blackness, and Anti-Racism, Plus Places to Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is
- “Queer and Desperate Poetry,” “Never … An Uncomplicated Story”: A Review of Amber Dawn’s Exquisite New Book of Poetry, MY ART IS KILLING ME
- RT @BookRiot: It’s that time of year: bring on the chills and thrills! ow.ly/r2vx50BuAti 1 hour ago
- RT @lethal_heroine: When I discover an old book no one’s ever heard of, and hasn’t been read in decades, I have the distinct impression of… 1 hour ago
- On page 11 of 178 of The Black Emerald, by Jeanne Thornton: "The world was a really grea... goodreads.com/user_status/sh… 1 hour ago
- On page 5 of 178 of The Black Emerald, by Jeanne Thornton: Dedication reads "Dedication ... goodreads.com/user_status/sh… 2 hours ago
- 5 of 5 stars to The Western Alienation Merit Badge by Nancy Jo Cullen goodreads.com/review/show/27… 3 hours ago
Category Archives: Interview with a Queer Reader
Interview with a Queer Reader: Vigdis Talks Reading Boy-on-Boy Yaoi Manga as a Lesbian, Trying to Find Good Queer Books in Norway, and More!
Meet Vigdis, a lesbian reader and writer from Norway! She gave me a really lovely and detailed answer to my “introduce yourself question,” which I thought I would reproduce here: Well, what can I say? Firstly, I didn’t ‘realize’ I … Continue reading
Interview with a Queer Reader: Lara Talks Getting Queer Books in Small Town Eastern Europe, FINGERSMITH by Sarah Waters, and More!
Meet Lara, who is a 22-year-old nonbinary lesbian from Europe! She is currently a computer engineering major who likes linguistics as a guilty pleasure; this means she doesn’t have a lot of free time on her hands! When Lara was … Continue reading
Estlin McPhee is a writer and collective organizer living on Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh land in Vancouver. They work with youth and live with cats. For five years, they co-organized REVERB, an anti-oppressive queer reading series. Estlin’s writing can be … Continue reading
Interview With a Queer Reader: Sanchari Sur Talks Queer South Asian Writing, Naked Heart Festival, and More!
Sanchari Sur is a PhD candidate in English at Wilfrid Laurier University. Her research focuses on South Asian Canadian Writers (women, to be specific), as well as representations of subaltern bodies in those written works, and how those bodies challenge … Continue reading
Interview with a Queer Reader: Cameron Talks PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER, Queer Australian Books, and more!
Cameron is a gay man studying and writing in Sydney, Australia. He reads a bunch, watches a lot of film, and reviews local work for the student magazine he’s an editor on. Cameron also writes a fair bit of fiction. … Continue reading