- A Romance about Love and Grief: A Review of the Graphic Novel FORWARD by Lisa Maas
- “I love them dancing, dancing”: A Review of the Poetry Collection ALL VIOLET by Rani Rivera
- May Update: Don’t Forget You Can Win Queer Books from Me Each Month!
- Interview With A Queer Reader: Sophia Talks Ace Representation, Jeanette Winterson, Queer YA, and more!
- March Queer Can Lit Newsflash: Events Featuring Casey Plett, Amber Dawn, &Joshua Whitehead, Queer BC Book Prize Nominees, and More!
- RT @hkpmcgregor: This opinion piece by @WordsandGuitar on UBCAccountable and the outcome of the arbitration is SO GOOD and SO NECESSARY. It… 8 hours ago
- RT @jess_reads: Okay everyone, listen up: THE KISS QUOTIENT by Helen Hoang was adorable and sexy and thoughtful and I read it in one sittin… 8 hours ago
- RT @Arsenalpulp: Thanks @nowtoronto for including books by @AmberDawnWrites and @caseyplett in their list of queer reads for summer! https:… 8 hours ago
- RT @rachel_w: I’m about a third of the way through this book and I can already tell this is gonna be a problem twitter.com/canlesbrarian/… 1 day ago
- RT @bufferingcast: Happy Father’s Day to the best chosen family dad in all the land 😍 https://t.co/WH5suD1mwf 1 day ago
Category Archives: Kristyn Dunnion
As always, Vancouver’s wonderful Arsenal Pulp Press is about to publish some great books. These ones, slated to come out this fall, all have queer themes and/or are by queer authors. Oracle Bone by Lydia Kwa Lydia Kwa is a … Continue reading
Welcome to a special gay boy version of my queer book advice column! In case you haven’t noticed, Ask Your Friendly Neighbourhood Lesbrarian has officially found a new home at Autostraddle, which I couldn’t be more thrilled about. My first … Continue reading
Big Big Sky by Toronto punk author Kristyn Dunnion is perhaps the strangest book I’ve ever read. But I mean strange in that’s it’s wonderfully weird in a way that makes your brain stretch a little bit in a direction … Continue reading
Hi Casey! I heard about this through the Lez Liberty Lit column on Autostraddle.com and I thought I would see if maybe you could help me out! I’ve been really into reading YA dystopian novels lately (e.g., Divergent series). I … Continue reading
The Best Erotica I’ve Ever Read: A Review of With a Rough Tongue: Femme Writes Porn, Edited by Amber Dawn and Trish Kelly
Can I just start this review by saying that With a Rough Tongue: Femmes Write Porn (edited by Vancouver writers Amber Dawn and Trish Kelly) is by far THE BEST EROTICA I HAVE EVER READ. It’s like really good sex—when … Continue reading
Having started reading Beth Goobie’s young adult novel Hello, Groin this morning (I’m liking it so far—although the title is a bit unfortunate), I decided it was time to do some talking about queer young adult books on this blog. … Continue reading
In The Dirt Chronicles, Kristyn Dunnion writes brilliant, moving stories about a diverse crowd: anarchist punks, dumpster-diving freegans, a First Nations lesbian teenager, queer brown kids in foster care, trans sex workers, middle-aged ostensibly straight men with intense homoerotic cross-cultural … Continue reading