- Interview with a Queer Reader: Vigdis Talks Reading Boy-on-Boy Yaoi Manga as a Lesbian, Trying to Find Good Queer Books in Norway, and More!
- Looking Back at My 2017 Year of Reading: A Bookish Survey
- Interview with a Queer Reader: Lara Talks Getting Queer Books in Small Town Eastern Europe, FINGERSMITH by Sarah Waters, and More!
- Interview with a Queer Reader: Estlin McPhee Talks LOTS of Queer YA and more!
- Reading and Re-Reading FALL ON YOUR KNEES by Ann-Marie MacDonald
- 2 of 5 stars to Riptide Summer by Lisa Freeman goodreads.com/review/show/21… 33 minutes ago
- RT @hkpmcgregor: Delighted to announce #PublishingUnbound, an evening on the future of publishing in Canada! Featuring @jordoisdead, @Kater… 1 hour ago
- Interview with a Queer Reader: Vigdis Talks Reading Boy-on-Boy Yaoi Manga as a Lesbian, Trying to Find Good Queer B… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- @ReadingLindy Unfortunately I couldn't see! 17 hours ago
- RT @diannaeanderson: Wanna try something. This is for ladies who date men. RT this if you’ve ever blocked a number or ghosted on a guy bec… 18 hours ago
Category Archives: magic realism
Vancouver writer and psychologist Lydia Kwa’s latest offering Oracle Bone is an epic and ambitious novel that’s a skillful blend of magical realism and historical fiction, with notes of epic fantasy and mythology as well, to create a book that, … Continue reading
The Clothesline Swing by Ahmad Danny Ramadan is one of those books that makes me feel privileged just to have gotten the chance to read it. One of the most amazing things about reading (and there are many) is how … Continue reading
As always, Vancouver’s wonderful Arsenal Pulp Press is about to publish some great books. These ones, slated to come out this fall, all have queer themes and/or are by queer authors. Oracle Bone by Lydia Kwa Lydia Kwa is a … Continue reading
These are some of my favourite books, and I bet they will become your favourites too once you read them. These books are all written by queer and/or trans Asian Canadian authors AND all feature queer and/or trans Asian Canadian … Continue reading
Read, Buy, and Promote Books by People of Color: Tips, Plus a List of 11 Favorite Books by Authors of Color
One of the things I’m committed to doing in the face of white supremacy is uplifting and supporting the voices of people of colour. This includes buying, reading, and promoting books by people of colour! Three years ago, I was … Continue reading
Two-Spirit Futures: A Review of LOVE BEYOND BODY, SPACE, & TIME: AN INDIGENOUS LGBT SCI FI ANTHOLOGY
Some books are just like a delicious treat that you want to savour for as long as possible. Love Beyond Body, Space, & Time: An Indigenous LGBT Sci-Fi Anthology is one of those books. It’s a slim volume of short … Continue reading
In case you missed it, last week the finalists for the 29th Lambda Literary Awards for LGBTQ+ Literature were announced, and there were some pretty rad Canadians and/or Indigenous folks on the list! Here are the finalists that I’m most … Continue reading