- A Romance about Love and Grief: A Review of the Graphic Novel FORWARD by Lisa Maas
- “I love them dancing, dancing”: A Review of the Poetry Collection ALL VIOLET by Rani Rivera
- May Update: Don’t Forget You Can Win Queer Books from Me Each Month!
- Interview With A Queer Reader: Sophia Talks Ace Representation, Jeanette Winterson, Queer YA, and more!
- March Queer Can Lit Newsflash: Events Featuring Casey Plett, Amber Dawn, &Joshua Whitehead, Queer BC Book Prize Nominees, and More!
- RT @hkpmcgregor: This opinion piece by @WordsandGuitar on UBCAccountable and the outcome of the arbitration is SO GOOD and SO NECESSARY. It… 8 hours ago
- RT @jess_reads: Okay everyone, listen up: THE KISS QUOTIENT by Helen Hoang was adorable and sexy and thoughtful and I read it in one sittin… 8 hours ago
- RT @Arsenalpulp: Thanks @nowtoronto for including books by @AmberDawnWrites and @caseyplett in their list of queer reads for summer! https:… 8 hours ago
- RT @rachel_w: I’m about a third of the way through this book and I can already tell this is gonna be a problem twitter.com/canlesbrarian/… 1 day ago
- RT @bufferingcast: Happy Father’s Day to the best chosen family dad in all the land 😍 https://t.co/WH5suD1mwf 1 day ago
Category Archives: magic realism
Happy Black History Month! Some of these are new, some of these are old, all of them are undoubtedly going to be awesome when I finally read them. They range from magical realism and science fiction to middle grade and … Continue reading
Vancouver writer and psychologist Lydia Kwa’s latest offering Oracle Bone is an epic and ambitious novel that’s a skillful blend of magical realism and historical fiction, with notes of epic fantasy and mythology as well, to create a book that, … Continue reading
The Clothesline Swing by Ahmad Danny Ramadan is one of those books that makes me feel privileged just to have gotten the chance to read it. One of the most amazing things about reading (and there are many) is how … Continue reading
As always, Vancouver’s wonderful Arsenal Pulp Press is about to publish some great books. These ones, slated to come out this fall, all have queer themes and/or are by queer authors. Oracle Bone by Lydia Kwa Lydia Kwa is a … Continue reading
These are some of my favourite books, and I bet they will become your favourites too once you read them. These books are all written by queer and/or trans Asian Canadian authors AND all feature queer and/or trans Asian Canadian … Continue reading
Read, Buy, and Promote Books by People of Color: Tips, Plus a List of 11 Favorite Books by Authors of Color
One of the things I’m committed to doing in the face of white supremacy is uplifting and supporting the voices of people of colour. This includes buying, reading, and promoting books by people of colour! Three years ago, I was … Continue reading
Two-Spirit Futures: A Review of LOVE BEYOND BODY, SPACE, & TIME: AN INDIGENOUS LGBT SCI FI ANTHOLOGY
Some books are just like a delicious treat that you want to savour for as long as possible. Love Beyond Body, Space, & Time: An Indigenous LGBT Sci-Fi Anthology is one of those books. It’s a slim volume of short … Continue reading