- My 2018 Year in Reading: Favourite Books of the Year, Most Memorable Character, Best Cover, and More!
- The 10 Best Queer Books of 2018 (that I read, at least)
- Not as Scary As I Hoped, but Cute Lesbians?: A Review of THE DARK BENEATH THE ICE by Amelinda Bérubé
- Delicious Italian Food and a Lack of Cohesion: A Review of Monica Meneghetti’s WHAT THE MOUTH WANTS
- “My bindi tells me where I’m from / my bindi reminds me of my mom”: A Review of Vivek Shraya’s Gender-Diverse Picture Book THE BOY & THE BINDI
- RT @Arsenalpulp: Powerhouse performer, author, activist and teacher Leah Lakshmi Piepzna-Samarasinha will be in Vancouver on Friday, March… 7 hours ago
- @savageblackout @EverdeenMason I have never heard of these Planetfall books but I'm enjoying seeing the responses! 7 hours ago
- @FrugalishMD Aw thanks!! And sure, but how much are you gonna pay me? 😉 7 hours ago
- Marked as dnf: Semiosis by Sue Burke goodreads.com/review/show/26… 16 hours ago
- On page 241 of 384 of Flirting with Disaster, by Victoria Dahl: Shit just hit the fuckin... goodreads.com/user_status/sh… 1 day ago
Category Archives: mystery
My 2018 Year in Reading: Favourite Books of the Year, Most Memorable Character, Best Cover, and More!
I love looking back on what I read the past year, don’t you? This is a kind of survey that I’ve adapted a bit from where I originally found it on The Lesbrary in 2014. If you’re not following The … Continue reading
Some of these were published in 2018, some I just read in 2018! They span pretty much every genre and are all 5 stars, I-can’t-believe-how-much-I-loved-this-book kind of books. In Other Lands by Sarah Rees Brennan I predicted in my January … Continue reading
Happy Black History Month! Some of these are new, some of these are old, all of them are undoubtedly going to be awesome when I finally read them. They range from magical realism and science fiction to middle grade and … Continue reading
This is a year-end reading survey I’ve been using for a couple years now that I stole from Danika at The Lesbrary in 2014. If you’re not following The Lesbrary, you’re missing out on a lot of rad queer women’s … Continue reading
Interview with a Queer Reader: Al Talks the Legacy of DYKES TO WATCH OUT FOR, Lesbian Mysteries, Tamora Pierce, and more!
Al Kornelsen is a queer, demi-romantic, non-binary person living on Vancouver Island. They’re a piano accompanist who plays for musicals, choirs, singers, and church services, a piano teacher, and they also work at a coffee shop on the side. Al … Continue reading
Read, Buy, and Promote Books by People of Color: Tips, Plus a List of 11 Favorite Books by Authors of Color
One of the things I’m committed to doing in the face of white supremacy is uplifting and supporting the voices of people of colour. This includes buying, reading, and promoting books by people of colour! Three years ago, I was … Continue reading