- My 2018 Year in Reading: Favourite Books of the Year, Most Memorable Character, Best Cover, and More!
- The 10 Best Queer Books of 2018 (that I read, at least)
- Not as Scary As I Hoped, but Cute Lesbians?: A Review of THE DARK BENEATH THE ICE by Amelinda Bérubé
- Delicious Italian Food and a Lack of Cohesion: A Review of Monica Meneghetti’s WHAT THE MOUTH WANTS
- “My bindi tells me where I’m from / my bindi reminds me of my mom”: A Review of Vivek Shraya’s Gender-Diverse Picture Book THE BOY & THE BINDI
- 4 of 5 stars to P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han goodreads.com/review/show/26… 52 minutes ago
- @r_bittner Yeah, very important point about the own voices representation. The two authors do have very different s… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
- @r_bittner I am admittedly a romantic who leans more towards Albertalli than Silvera's style, so I can see that. I… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
- @r_bittner What did they not like about it? 5 hours ago
- @r_bittner Yeah, I thought it was super cute but also realistic? I always find the teens in both of their books fee… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
Category Archives: Non-Fiction
Can you believe I’m only writing about the announcement of Lambda Literary Award finalists now? It happened like 2 weeks ago! Well, better later than never. Here are some highlights, of personal favourites and also Canadian finalists: Fiction Finalists In … Continue reading
Happy Black History Month! Some of these are new, some of these are old, all of them are undoubtedly going to be awesome when I finally read them. They range from magical realism and science fiction to middle grade and … Continue reading
This is a year-end reading survey I’ve been using for a couple years now that I stole from Danika at The Lesbrary in 2014. If you’re not following The Lesbrary, you’re missing out on a lot of rad queer women’s … Continue reading
Interview with a Queer Reader: Cameron Talks PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER, Queer Australian Books, and more!
Cameron is a gay man studying and writing in Sydney, Australia. He reads a bunch, watches a lot of film, and reviews local work for the student magazine he’s an editor on. Cameron also writes a fair bit of fiction. … Continue reading
Meanwhile, Elsewhere: Science Fiction and Fantasy from Transgender Writers edited by Casey Plett and Cat Fitzpatrick This big fat anthology due out in September is just so exciting. It’s a collection of speculative writing from 25 trans writers from the … Continue reading
Interview with a Queer Reader: Julie Thompson Talks Lesbian Pulp Novels, Queer Book Awareness Overload, ANNIE ON MY MIND, and More!
July’s queer reader of the month is Julie Thompson, who describes herself as a “thirty-something, Jane-of-all-trades, bisexual/queer librarian in the Pacific Northwest (US).” She grew up in small towns in the Pacific Northwest and always enjoyed weekly trips to the … Continue reading