- “riot grrrl raised me, I’m rigorous af, and I breathe the fire of nookomis into everything I do”: A Review of nîtisânak by Lindsay Nixon
- Big News: No More Patreon
- My 2018 Year in Reading: Favourite Books of the Year, Most Memorable Character, Best Cover, and More!
- The 10 Best Queer Books of 2018 (that I read, at least)
- Not as Scary As I Hoped, but Cute Lesbians?: A Review of THE DARK BENEATH THE ICE by Amelinda Bérubé
- Yep this is me twitter.com/BookRiot/statu… 8 hours ago
- RT @UzmaWrites: This week's column dares to wade into #ontario politics: I was in high school during the Mike Harris days in #ontario and n… 8 hours ago
- Yes twitter.com/feministlib/st… 11 hours ago
- RT @bibookishbabe: ITS HERE!! The LGBTQ+ blogger/youtuber directory featuring over 100 creators🌈 if you missed out on being included this t… 11 hours ago
- @skafuller There are great suggestions in the comments already, including donating to the Friends of the Library, u… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 13 hours ago
Category Archives: Sex Work
My 2018 Year in Reading: Favourite Books of the Year, Most Memorable Character, Best Cover, and More!
I love looking back on what I read the past year, don’t you? This is a kind of survey that I’ve adapted a bit from where I originally found it on The Lesbrary in 2014. If you’re not following The … Continue reading
Some of these were published in 2018, some I just read in 2018! They span pretty much every genre and are all 5 stars, I-can’t-believe-how-much-I-loved-this-book kind of books. In Other Lands by Sarah Rees Brennan I predicted in my January … Continue reading
“You’s napêw iskwewisehot, m’boy, Two-Spirit”: A Review of Joshua Whitehead’s Debut Novel JONNY APPLESEED
What a damn fine book Jonny Appleseed is. That’s my eight-word review. Here are some more words: When I finished reading this debut novel by Joshua Whitehead (an Oji-Cree/nehiyaw, Two-Spirit/Indigiqueer member of the Peguis First Nation [Treaty 1]), I remember … Continue reading
There aren’t many books in my lifetime that I’ve read that I would truly consider a work of genius. Fierce Femmes and Notorious Liars by Kai Cheng Thom is one of those books. Continue reading
Happy Black History Month! Some of these are new, some of these are old, all of them are undoubtedly going to be awesome when I finally read them. They range from magical realism and science fiction to middle grade and … Continue reading
Queer Can Lit Newsflash: New Arsenal Pulp Press Books, Queer Canadian Books on 2017 Best Books Lists, and More!
Is this December’s Queer Can Lit Newsflash or is it January’s?? Only time will tell! Here are some things that have been happening in Canadian LGBTQ2IA+ bookish world: Vancouver’s Arsenal Pulp Press has some new books coming out in 2018, … Continue reading
Well, the blurb on the front cover that calls Karen Connelly’s The Change Room a “juicy peach of a novel” certainly hits the nail on the head. Just imagine a woman biting into a fresh, ripe peach, with the juice … Continue reading