- Interview with a Queer Reader: Vigdis Talks Reading Boy-on-Boy Yaoi Manga as a Lesbian, Trying to Find Good Queer Books in Norway, and More!
- Looking Back at My 2017 Year of Reading: A Bookish Survey
- Interview with a Queer Reader: Lara Talks Getting Queer Books in Small Town Eastern Europe, FINGERSMITH by Sarah Waters, and More!
- Interview with a Queer Reader: Estlin McPhee Talks LOTS of Queer YA and more!
- Reading and Re-Reading FALL ON YOUR KNEES by Ann-Marie MacDonald
- 2 of 5 stars to Riptide Summer by Lisa Freeman goodreads.com/review/show/21… 26 minutes ago
- RT @hkpmcgregor: Delighted to announce #PublishingUnbound, an evening on the future of publishing in Canada! Featuring @jordoisdead, @Kater… 1 hour ago
- Interview with a Queer Reader: Vigdis Talks Reading Boy-on-Boy Yaoi Manga as a Lesbian, Trying to Find Good Queer B… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- @ReadingLindy Unfortunately I couldn't see! 16 hours ago
- RT @diannaeanderson: Wanna try something. This is for ladies who date men. RT this if you’ve ever blocked a number or ghosted on a guy bec… 18 hours ago
Category Archives: Sex Work
Well, the blurb on the front cover that calls Karen Connelly’s The Change Room a “juicy peach of a novel” certainly hits the nail on the head. Just imagine a woman biting into a fresh, ripe peach, with the juice … Continue reading
There’s nothing better than poetry for tough times. Here are three queer poetry collections to get you through. Bodymap by Leah Lakshmi Piepzna-Samarasinha This visceral, evocative collection is Leah Lakshmi Piepzna-Samarasinha’s writing at its finest. Lyrically these are an incredibly … Continue reading
Back in January I published a list of Six Canadian Trans Women Writers You Should Know. To my utter delight, it was a super popular post and to date has been viewed on my blog over 1700 times! Of course, … Continue reading
In case you missed it, last week the finalists for the 29th Lambda Literary Awards for LGBTQ+ Literature were announced, and there were some pretty rad Canadians and/or Indigenous folks on the list! Here are the finalists that I’m most … Continue reading
Maybe it’s because I’m a crazy book lover, but to me there is no better present for any occasion than a book. So, if you’re buying someone—lover, girlfriend, long-term partner—something this Valentine’s Day, consider one of these excellent options: With … Continue reading
The only way for me to begin a review of Ottawa-born Sybil Lamb’s novel I’ve Got a Time Bomb is by saying it’s the strangest, most unique book I’ve ever read, and I have no fucking clue how to review … Continue reading
Ashley Little’s Anatomy of a Girl Gang is not for the faint of heart. As one of my fellow readers Julia on Goodreads wrote in their review: “JESUS CHRIST. That is all.” That pretty much sums up my feelings too. … Continue reading