- My 2018 Year in Reading: Favourite Books of the Year, Most Memorable Character, Best Cover, and More!
- The 10 Best Queer Books of 2018 (that I read, at least)
- Not as Scary As I Hoped, but Cute Lesbians?: A Review of THE DARK BENEATH THE ICE by Amelinda Bérubé
- Delicious Italian Food and a Lack of Cohesion: A Review of Monica Meneghetti’s WHAT THE MOUTH WANTS
- “My bindi tells me where I’m from / my bindi reminds me of my mom”: A Review of Vivek Shraya’s Gender-Diverse Picture Book THE BOY & THE BINDI
- RT @Arsenalpulp: Powerhouse performer, author, activist and teacher Leah Lakshmi Piepzna-Samarasinha will be in Vancouver on Friday, March… 6 hours ago
- @savageblackout @EverdeenMason I have never heard of these Planetfall books but I'm enjoying seeing the responses! 6 hours ago
- @FrugalishMD Aw thanks!! And sure, but how much are you gonna pay me? 😉 7 hours ago
- Marked as dnf: Semiosis by Sue Burke goodreads.com/review/show/26… 16 hours ago
- On page 241 of 384 of Flirting with Disaster, by Victoria Dahl: Shit just hit the fuckin... goodreads.com/user_status/sh… 1 day ago
Category Archives: Sex Work
My 2018 Year in Reading: Favourite Books of the Year, Most Memorable Character, Best Cover, and More!
I love looking back on what I read the past year, don’t you? This is a kind of survey that I’ve adapted a bit from where I originally found it on The Lesbrary in 2014. If you’re not following The … Continue reading
Some of these were published in 2018, some I just read in 2018! They span pretty much every genre and are all 5 stars, I-can’t-believe-how-much-I-loved-this-book kind of books. In Other Lands by Sarah Rees Brennan I predicted in my January … Continue reading
“You’s napêw iskwewisehot, m’boy, Two-Spirit”: A Review of Joshua Whitehead’s Debut Novel JONNY APPLESEED
What a damn fine book Jonny Appleseed is. That’s my eight-word review. Here are some more words: When I finished reading this debut novel by Joshua Whitehead (an Oji-Cree/nehiyaw, Two-Spirit/Indigiqueer member of the Peguis First Nation [Treaty 1]), I remember … Continue reading
There aren’t many books in my lifetime that I’ve read that I would truly consider a work of genius. Fierce Femmes and Notorious Liars by Kai Cheng Thom is one of those books. Continue reading
Happy Black History Month! Some of these are new, some of these are old, all of them are undoubtedly going to be awesome when I finally read them. They range from magical realism and science fiction to middle grade and … Continue reading
Queer Can Lit Newsflash: New Arsenal Pulp Press Books, Queer Canadian Books on 2017 Best Books Lists, and More!
Is this December’s Queer Can Lit Newsflash or is it January’s?? Only time will tell! Here are some things that have been happening in Canadian LGBTQ2IA+ bookish world: Vancouver’s Arsenal Pulp Press has some new books coming out in 2018, … Continue reading
Well, the blurb on the front cover that calls Karen Connelly’s The Change Room a “juicy peach of a novel” certainly hits the nail on the head. Just imagine a woman biting into a fresh, ripe peach, with the juice … Continue reading