- A Ferocious, Devastating YA Thriller: A Review of SADIE by Courtney Summers
- Sarcastic Sex Workers and Lesbian Frog Catchers in Emma Donoghue’s Historical Novel Frog Music
- “riot grrrl raised me, I’m rigorous af, and I breathe the fire of nookomis into everything I do”: A Review of nîtisânak by Lindsay Nixon
- Big News: No More Patreon
- My 2018 Year in Reading: Favourite Books of the Year, Most Memorable Character, Best Cover, and More!
- RT @LGBTQReads: Happy Pan Day of Visibility! lgbtqreads.com/2019/05/24/hap… https://t.co/qnx6bSwDkV 6 hours ago
- RT @ACampOfficial: Our friends over at @BitchMedia are in the final stretch to raise $45,000 by May 31. Support fellow independent media by… 6 hours ago
- RT @UzmaWrites: This week’s column is about Ramadan, kids, and the choice to fast. @Ann_Collette twitter.com/torontostar/st… 6 hours ago
- RT @graceelavery: British philosophers making bad arguments about sex and gender? I find that rather a far-fetched proposition! Anyway here… 6 hours ago
- RT @robynochs: I'm one of those folks who identifies as #bisexual AND #pansexual. 💖💜💙 Bi - Pan ❤️💛💙 solidarity, y'all! Let's work together… 6 hours ago
Category Archives: Short Stories
March Queer Can Lit Newsflash: Events Featuring Casey Plett, Amber Dawn, &Joshua Whitehead, Queer BC Book Prize Nominees, and More!
There are a lot of exciting things happening in the queer can lit world! Let’s get to them: Did you know Casey Plett has a new novel called Little Fish coming out? If you’ve been reading my blog, then yes … Continue reading
Can you believe I’m only writing about the announcement of Lambda Literary Award finalists now? It happened like 2 weeks ago! Well, better later than never. Here are some highlights, of personal favourites and also Canadian finalists: Fiction Finalists In … Continue reading
Happy Black History Month! Some of these are new, some of these are old, all of them are undoubtedly going to be awesome when I finally read them. They range from magical realism and science fiction to middle grade and … Continue reading
I recently published a lengthy post reviewing my 2017 year in books, but I thought my top eight deserved a post all to themselves. Here are my absolute favourite books that I read last year (many published in 2017, but … Continue reading
This is a year-end reading survey I’ve been using for a couple years now that I stole from Danika at The Lesbrary in 2014. If you’re not following The Lesbrary, you’re missing out on a lot of rad queer women’s … Continue reading
The title says it all; I do mean a queer Canadian book gift guide for everyone. For the cynical, ironic millennial in your life: Everything is Awful and You’re a Terrible Person by Daniel Zomparelli This collection of interconnected short … Continue reading
Queer Can Lit Newsflash: Upcoming Queer Issue of Room Magazine, Fantasy by Trans Femmes, New Queer Indigenous Work, and More!
Welcome to this second installment of my new monthly-ish column news about stuff that’s happening in the Canadian and/or Indigenous LGBTQ2IA+ literary world. Have something you think I should cover next time? Send me an email: stepaniukcasey [at] gmail.com. Did … Continue reading