- A Ferocious, Devastating YA Thriller: A Review of SADIE by Courtney Summers
- Sarcastic Sex Workers and Lesbian Frog Catchers in Emma Donoghue’s Historical Novel Frog Music
- “riot grrrl raised me, I’m rigorous af, and I breathe the fire of nookomis into everything I do”: A Review of nîtisânak by Lindsay Nixon
- Big News: No More Patreon
- My 2018 Year in Reading: Favourite Books of the Year, Most Memorable Character, Best Cover, and More!
- 3 of 5 stars to The Dark Beneath the Ice by Amelinda Bérubé goodreads.com/review/show?id… 13 hours ago
- RT @MissDahlELama: Free marketing tip for you: Be really loud about it when your book is gay. Trust me. 13 hours ago
- RT @razorfemme: Hey Tweet-ers! Did you know that I offer sensitivity reading and manuscript consulting services? Probably not, because whil… 3 days ago
- RT @wgregtaylor: Sarcastic Sex Workers and Lesbian Frog Catchers in Emma Donoghue's Historical Novel Frog Music caseythecanadianlesbrarian.com/2019/04/25/sar… via… 3 days ago
- RT @morganmpage: Though non-binary as a term did not exist until the very end of hir life, revolutionary communist Leslie Feinberg (author… 3 days ago
Category Archives: Trans Feminine
My 2018 Year in Reading: Favourite Books of the Year, Most Memorable Character, Best Cover, and More!
I love looking back on what I read the past year, don’t you? This is a kind of survey that I’ve adapted a bit from where I originally found it on The Lesbrary in 2014. If you’re not following The … Continue reading
Some of these were published in 2018, some I just read in 2018! They span pretty much every genre and are all 5 stars, I-can’t-believe-how-much-I-loved-this-book kind of books. In Other Lands by Sarah Rees Brennan I predicted in my January … Continue reading
“My bindi tells me where I’m from / my bindi reminds me of my mom”: A Review of Vivek Shraya’s Gender-Diverse Picture Book THE BOY & THE BINDI
Hey guess what! This my very first review of a picture book on Casey the Canadian Lesbrarian. The book, fully deserving of this honour, is The Boy & the Bindi written by Vivek Shraya and illustrated by Rajni Perera. You … Continue reading
Make sure you read Casey Plett’s novel Little Fish. It will break you, and build you back up. Continue reading
There aren’t many books in my lifetime that I’ve read that I would truly consider a work of genius. Fierce Femmes and Notorious Liars by Kai Cheng Thom is one of those books. Continue reading
If you aren’t already reading Vancouver-based cartoonist and designer Kathleen Jacques’s queer femme Band Vs. Band comics series, you are SERIOUSLY missing out. Let me help you rectify that situation. This review is of Band Vs. Band Comix, Volume 2; … Continue reading
March Queer Can Lit Newsflash: Events Featuring Casey Plett, Amber Dawn, &Joshua Whitehead, Queer BC Book Prize Nominees, and More!
There are a lot of exciting things happening in the queer can lit world! Let’s get to them: Did you know Casey Plett has a new novel called Little Fish coming out? If you’ve been reading my blog, then yes … Continue reading