- A Romance about Love and Grief: A Review of the Graphic Novel FORWARD by Lisa Maas
- “I love them dancing, dancing”: A Review of the Poetry Collection ALL VIOLET by Rani Rivera
- May Update: Don’t Forget You Can Win Queer Books from Me Each Month!
- Interview With A Queer Reader: Sophia Talks Ace Representation, Jeanette Winterson, Queer YA, and more!
- March Queer Can Lit Newsflash: Events Featuring Casey Plett, Amber Dawn, &Joshua Whitehead, Queer BC Book Prize Nominees, and More!
- On page 160 of 384 of Forbidden, by Beverly Jenkins goodreads.com/user_status/sh… 4 hours ago
- On page 136 of 384 of Forbidden, by Beverly Jenkins: Fascinating historical details so f... goodreads.com/user_status/sh… 6 hours ago
- RT @mobrienbooks: Pride is so soon! Reminders: •Ace and aro people are queer and welcome at Pride •Bi and pan people are queer regardless o… 10 hours ago
- Can we make shirts that proudly proclaim "unsophisticated consumer," aka reader of romance novels? twitter.com/courtneymilan/… 10 hours ago
- Marked as to-read: One True Way by Shannon Hitchcock goodreads.com/review/show/24… 12 hours ago
Category Archives: Trans
March Queer Can Lit Newsflash: Events Featuring Casey Plett, Amber Dawn, &Joshua Whitehead, Queer BC Book Prize Nominees, and More!
There are a lot of exciting things happening in the queer can lit world! Let’s get to them: Did you know Casey Plett has a new novel called Little Fish coming out? If you’ve been reading my blog, then yes … Continue reading
Can you believe I’m only writing about the announcement of Lambda Literary Award finalists now? It happened like 2 weeks ago! Well, better later than never. Here are some highlights, of personal favourites and also Canadian finalists: Fiction Finalists In … Continue reading
If you haven’t already, read my full review of the book, which I posted yesterday. A Possibility of Whales is a brand new middle grade book by Canadian author Karen Rivers featuring a supporting trans boy character. I was lucky … Continue reading
A Possibility of Whales by Victoria-based author Karen Rivers is, to my knowledge, the first Canadian middle grade book to feature a transgender character. This makes it a pretty big deal. Overall, I’m happy this book exists for cisgender and … Continue reading
Queer Can Lit Newsflash: Lots of Queer and Trans Writers Will Be at Growing Room in Vancouver, Plus Exciting New Work to Read and Put On Your TBR
Here are some rad things that have happened or will be happening in the queer Can Lit world recently: Did you know queer Vancouver based poet Leah Horlick has a new poem called “Wing (I Take It Back)” published online … Continue reading
Interview With A Queer Reader: Sam Talks SIMON VS. THE HOMO SAPIENS AGENDA, Feeling Less Alone While Reading Queer Books, and More!
This month’s second queer reader is Sam, who writes LGBT+ stories under the name Anthony James. He’s bisexual (or maybe pansexual), transmasculine, and likely autistic too (although undiagnosed for now). Even if his writing isn’t focused on any of those … Continue reading
Happy Black History Month! Some of these are new, some of these are old, all of them are undoubtedly going to be awesome when I finally read them. They range from magical realism and science fiction to middle grade and … Continue reading