- Interview with a Queer Reader: Vigdis Talks Reading Boy-on-Boy Yaoi Manga as a Lesbian, Trying to Find Good Queer Books in Norway, and More!
- Looking Back at My 2017 Year of Reading: A Bookish Survey
- Interview with a Queer Reader: Lara Talks Getting Queer Books in Small Town Eastern Europe, FINGERSMITH by Sarah Waters, and More!
- Interview with a Queer Reader: Estlin McPhee Talks LOTS of Queer YA and more!
- Reading and Re-Reading FALL ON YOUR KNEES by Ann-Marie MacDonald
- 2 of 5 stars to Riptide Summer by Lisa Freeman goodreads.com/review/show/21… 41 minutes ago
- RT @hkpmcgregor: Delighted to announce #PublishingUnbound, an evening on the future of publishing in Canada! Featuring @jordoisdead, @Kater… 1 hour ago
- Interview with a Queer Reader: Vigdis Talks Reading Boy-on-Boy Yaoi Manga as a Lesbian, Trying to Find Good Queer B… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- @ReadingLindy Unfortunately I couldn't see! 17 hours ago
- RT @diannaeanderson: Wanna try something. This is for ladies who date men. RT this if you’ve ever blocked a number or ghosted on a guy bec… 18 hours ago
Category Archives: Zoe Whittall
So there’s some debate as to whether new adult is actually a legit thing or not, as the term was only coined in 2009 by St. Martin’s Press in order to market books that were a kind of older YA … Continue reading
Is it that time of year again already? The 2015 Lambda Literary Award finalists were announced today! As I’ve written before, I have mixed feelings about the lammies, their policies (mostly past), and their decisions. However, this year’s finalists include … Continue reading
Hey Casey, Do you have any suggestions for young adult books that are past high school? I enjoyed The IHOP Papers and You Set Me On Fire but haven’t come across a ton of other books in that category. Thanks! … Continue reading
So, I recently did a bit of googling (asking Lord Google, as my friend would say) to find out what is usually included on lists of must-read “lesbian” books, or lists of “lesbian” classics. I’m putting lesbian in scare quotes … Continue reading
I am mercilessly ripping some of these questions out of order and from various sources that Danika at the Lesbrary used in her end of year book survey. Check hers out too! Best book you read in 2014 Okay, can … Continue reading
So I’ve had a look at the books I read last year, and found some surprising and some not so surprising results. One thing that was pretty interesting is that I read more books by and/or about bisexual women than … Continue reading
“That’s My Secret. Holding Still”: A Review of Zoe Whittall’s Novel Holding Still For As Long As Possible
Reading Zoe Whittall’s Toronto-set novel Holding Still For As Long As Possible is kind of like reading a wittier, more exciting version of my urban early-to-mid-twenties queer life in the 2000s. It was fun and nostalgic for me to jump … Continue reading