- Interview with a Queer Reader: Vigdis Talks Reading Boy-on-Boy Yaoi Manga as a Lesbian, Trying to Find Good Queer Books in Norway, and More!
- Looking Back at My 2017 Year of Reading: A Bookish Survey
- Interview with a Queer Reader: Lara Talks Getting Queer Books in Small Town Eastern Europe, FINGERSMITH by Sarah Waters, and More!
- Interview with a Queer Reader: Estlin McPhee Talks LOTS of Queer YA and more!
- Reading and Re-Reading FALL ON YOUR KNEES by Ann-Marie MacDonald
- 2 of 5 stars to Riptide Summer by Lisa Freeman goodreads.com/review/show/21… 43 minutes ago
- RT @hkpmcgregor: Delighted to announce #PublishingUnbound, an evening on the future of publishing in Canada! Featuring @jordoisdead, @Kater… 1 hour ago
- Interview with a Queer Reader: Vigdis Talks Reading Boy-on-Boy Yaoi Manga as a Lesbian, Trying to Find Good Queer B… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- @ReadingLindy Unfortunately I couldn't see! 17 hours ago
- RT @diannaeanderson: Wanna try something. This is for ladies who date men. RT this if you’ve ever blocked a number or ghosted on a guy bec… 19 hours ago
Tag Archives: ask your friendly neighbourhood lesbrarian
Here’s a tweet Shira Glassman sent me: That might be a good question for @canlesbrarian: fat positive f/f? That is a good question for me! I was so excited to be asked this since I’ve never researched fat positive books, … Continue reading
Dear Casey the Canadian Lesbrarian, I’m looking for books about the experiences of bisexual women who come out later in life after identifying as straight, and, in particular, the tensions involved in navigating and joining a queer community. Thank you … Continue reading
Ask Your Friendly Neighbourhood Lesbrarian #10: Asexual YA Characters with Different Romantic Orientations
Hi Casey! I was wondering if there are any books out there whose characters have a different sexual orientation to romantic? I’m on the asexual spectrum (I think – I’m so confused right now) and biromantic, but until recently, I … Continue reading
Request number two from my friend L: Any books where a queer woman protagonist is a scientist of some kind and that’s not used as a shorthand for her queerness? Well this is a toughie. When I tried googling some … Continue reading
My friend L writes: Any (well written!) magic realism books with LGTBQ characters? Preferably not YA or NA. Any books where a queer woman protagonist is a scientist of some kind and that’s not used as a shorthand for her … Continue reading
What I’m yearning for that I haven’t yet come across is good asexual representation – preferably asexual characters who aren’t pursuing hetero romances, y’know? Whether they’re coming to terms with their asexuality as part of the narrative or if it’s … Continue reading
Hello there! It’s been lovely to follow you on here! I had a book related question for you. If you’re unable/don’t have the time to answer, no problem! I was just wondering if you knew of any non-fiction/theory books about … Continue reading